Dual Spark Totem With Video

This is my take on the dual totem Templar. I never made one in CB so I thought I would give it a try. I started Playing as just a Sparker then moved to dual totem once I got all the skills. I used a few re-spec points because I went for the hp nodes first, then re-speced a few points that where not needed as connectors to grab the totem skills once I got the skill gems I needed. I had to buy a good Onyx that gave me 60 dex in order to run the dex skills. Now for the skills:

I found a good 5 link for cheap so I run:
Spell Totem/-/Spark/-/Fork/-/Faster Projectiles/-/Faster Casting.

I use a 3 Link Blue socket wand for:
Minion Life/-/Raise Zombie/-/Summon Skeletons

I Have a 4 link for:
Reduced Mana/-/Discipline/-/Clarity/-/Haste

and I use:
Conductivity/-/Increased Area Of Effect

I later plan to have:
Conductivity/-/Decoy Totem/-/Rejuvenation Totem/-/Increased Area Of Effect

I will have other curses leveled up to use if the group needs it, and I will have an extra piece of armor I can use for Shock Nova or Arc to mix thing's up a bit if needed.

The video is here to see me farming ledge at lvl 60. I started there at LvL 55 and will go to 63-65 before I continue on. http://youtu.be/Dgfqzj9WMUU

My current build at LvL 60

I will finish up the life nodes and +5 max resist node, then to inner force, then slowly to the right as I lvl.

The final build I am working on

If you have any question or comment's, or just want someone to party with, you can join me on Mumble. Info is at www.eliteobsidiangaming.com.

Have fun and wish me luck on staying out of softcore.

Bubbas
~Play On~
WWW.ELITEOBSIDIANGAMING.COM
Last edited by Ibubbas on Mar 4, 2013, 10:39:25 AM
Nice vid and music choice :)

Build looks solid ....good luck with it are u on HC league btw ?
"
Exotrax wrote:
Nice vid and music choice :)

Build looks solid ....good luck with it are u on HC league btw ?

Thanks, and yes I am on HC league.

Bubbas
~Play On~
Why don't you consider using lightning penetration instead of faster projectiles? I heard penetration always reduces resist from 75 even if the mobs have overstacked resist
IGN: Boxyou
"
Dibilo wrote:
Why don't you consider using lightning penetration instead of faster projectiles? I heard penetration always reduces resist from 75 even if the mobs have overstacked resist

I tried it as a matter of fact I still have the gem leveling, but with testing faster projectiles just does so much more. Trust me as many chroms as it took to get 2 green sockets on a armor/es chest I would have used lightning pen if it was even close to FP. However if I get a 20 quality spark gem and some faster projectile stats on my gear I think lightning pen will be better.

Bubbas
~Play On~
Last edited by Ibubbas on Feb 14, 2013, 1:58:51 PM
I am currently working on a dual spork totem templar, and my build is quite similar to yours, or what I was planning.

I got a question though, why do you take the 50% increased elemental damage with weapons in your build?

And does "normal" critical strike also work for spells / totems?
Last edited by Hata on Feb 14, 2013, 11:33:46 PM
"
Hata wrote:
I am currently working on a dual spork totem templar, and my build is quite similar to yours, or what I was planning.

I got a question though, why do you take the 50% increased elemental damage with weapons in your build?

And does "normal" critical strike also work for spells / totems?

Yeah the weapon nodes were a miss click as they are not on my build :). Yes normal crit chance nodes on the passive tree work with spells. The only ones that don't work are the specific ones like bow, physical ect. On weapons however the 20% crit chance does not work it has to say 20% global crit chance or of course spell crit . Also as a note look for % to lightning, and of course % to spell damage on your gear.

Oh and here is the updated tree without the weapon nodes.

Oh and btw you have to remember the crit chance isn't added its a multiplier so most games 10% crit would give you a 10% chance to crit. This game is 10% more so if you have 10% chance to crit already and you grab a 10% node you don't have 20% chance to crit you have 10% of the 10% so like 11% chance to crit. When I added the 45% node for example I only gained like 4% because I have horrible gear :).
~Play On~
Last edited by Ibubbas on Feb 15, 2013, 2:46:36 PM
will I be able to see your current equipped items ??
im level 50 atm and I really dont know what kind of items I should be looking for..

I have spell dmg % wand and ES shield, currently no jewelleries cause I just realised lightning + items doesnt really help the totems)
and armour and ES armours,, grr please help..

my skill tree also looks similar to yours but i went for the curse+ and never expire on the top instead of the before getting the health nodes.
"
madeinkorea wrote:
will I be able to see your current equipped items ??
im level 50 atm and I really dont know what kind of items I should be looking for..

I have spell dmg % wand and ES shield, currently no jewelleries cause I just realised lightning + items doesnt really help the totems)
and armour and ES armours,, grr please help..

my skill tree also looks similar to yours but i went for the curse+ and never expire on the top instead of the before getting the health nodes.

Skill tree sounds fine. You want gear with HP first then resists worry about these first.Then + to armor and ES. The stats you want to boost dps are cast speed, projectile speed, spell damage, global/spell crit chance, the %to lightning damage works with totems, but not the 4-17 + lightning damage. Gear with mana regen, and + to mana also helps, and with my build I need dex on at least my neck to be able to run the skills needed. I can show my gear but right now its not the best, but will give you an idea of what to look for. I have 80% capped resists, and -34% chaos. I plan on finding a better wand with more dps soon(by dps I mean crit, spell dmg ect.. as the dps of the weapon matters not), and a shield with hp and chaos resist.I would like to be around -10% chaos before I start maps.

Also if anyone has questions feel free to come and ask me on mumble. The Info for mumble is on the first page of my website www.eliteobsidiangaming.com

~Play On~
Last edited by Ibubbas on Feb 18, 2013, 9:38:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info