Chaos Resistance

Hi,

i have a question about chaos resistance. How much should i have and where is it important?
Most builds only say its important to be ele res capped.

Dont wanna die in HC :)

Unless you are doing something that specifically relies on high chaos resistances, you can get along with very low chaos resistances. At certain times, having something like -30 instead of -60 feels safer but that is really all you need.

Also: If you play HC, your character will die eventually. We all have to deal with this from time to time.
Last edited by BaalSeinOpa on Aug 29, 2015, 2:35:48 AM
"
BaalSeinOpa wrote:
Unless you are doing something that specifically relies on high chaos resistances, you can get along with very low chaos resistances. At certain times, having something like -30 instead of -60 feels safer but that is really all you need.

Also: If you play HC, your character will die eventually. We all have to deal with this from time to time.

What requires high chaos resistances? Only bossfights like act 4 endboss? Should i collect equip for fights like that?
"
Mepfi wrote:

What requires high chaos resistances? Only bossfights like act 4 endboss? Should i collect equip for fights like that?

Critsnakes in a crit/monsterdamage/chain maps hit like truck..
Chaosclouds in a vulnerability map.

Some of Tora's quests are suicidal if have negative res.
Poisonous Tempest is bad
The chaosversion of living blood is also bad

I was either very lucky or had enough against Labyrinth boss, it only hit me like 3000 (-17%chaos/12k armour, no damagemodes though)
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Aug 29, 2015, 6:28:21 AM
Jungle valley boss. Don't bother attempting unless you have at least positive 40 chaos resist, or feel like donating 10% exp to the Charitable GGG EXP Foundation.
Just getting to 0% makes a world of difference, it's really worth it if you have the funds/open stats on gear to afford it. Chaos damage will pop up all over the place in maps, and being at negative chaos res will make it painful, though not necessarily unmanageable.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info