Hackers plz help

Someone came into my account and changed my password! All my items have been stolen! can someone tell me how can I get back? The GGG has some method to track where did my items went? Plz Help im desperate !
It all happened at 28/08/2015 !
▒ █▒█▒█ █▀▀█ █▀▀▀   ▒ IN THE JOURNEY TO BECOMING
▒ █▒█▒█ █▄▄█ █ ▄▄  ▒ A MASTER FISHERMAN...
▒ ▀█▒█▀ █   █▄▄█   ▒               
▒                    ▒ TELL ME WHAT IS YOUR FISH?
▒   Winding Pier fame    ▒ ~Sartador
You're screwed. You won't get items back. In order to log into your account, they need an unlock code sent to your email address. So you better do a virus/malware scan of your computer and change your email password.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
after that, i think i will stop playing this game.
thanks for the support....
▒ ▀█▒█▀ █   █▄▄█   ▒               
"
sartador wrote:

OK, but you DO realize the the problem here is on your end right?
Not only did you manage to have your account details taken but they managed to get your email account as well(unless you were daft and asked support to turn of the IP locking)

If you don't secure your PC then pretty much any game you go to play is waiting to be hacked
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
yep, OP's own fault !!
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
sartador wrote:

Not only did you manage to have your account details taken but they managed to get your email account as well(unless you were daft and asked support to turn of the IP locking)

If you don't secure your PC then pretty much any game you go to play is waiting to be hacked

my email was not hacked. You dont need to enter at the email to change the password
▒ ▀█▒█▀ █   █▄▄█   ▒               
"
sartador wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
sartador wrote:

my email was not hacked. You dont need to enter at the email to change the password

<Sigh>

Yes, your email was hacked.

When you login from a different IP address, you're sent an email with an unlock code. That is the ONLY way to unlock the account (As Mark has ALREADY told you). So, they hacked your email, got the unlock code, used it and deleted the email from your inbox/trash.

So listen to not only me, but take the advice of lagwin and mark to heart and take the appropriate steps.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/115464

Did you use any programs or do anything that the above link says?
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Aug 29, 2015, 4:42:47 PM
I too have just been hacked, lost my Currency (not like I had good ones in this alt account, most rare one I had on there was regal, LOL)
The only reason I am not that mad about it... cause he only took crappy currency, all my character's equip and items are intact, in fact, my "alt on this alt account" is still holding the actual "rare currencies" like vaal orbs, chance orbs, etc etc)
The hacker only looked at my Stash, which 2 pages are filled with Skill and Support Gems, LOL
(only got default 4 tabs)

But it's actually the SECOND time I got hacked... and yes I change my passwords often.

And no, the only places I visit on this computer is Reddit, PoE Official Site (here) and MMOSITE...

So... what's going on? Am I getting information leaks from one of the above site or something?

Also no, I don't use any of the sites or programs from that link above.

I don't even use Poe.Trade... or the other approved 3rd party PoE programs.

BTW, I check my email, there was no Unlock code until I requested a reset password.

Which means they didn't go into my actual e-mail account, but rather just used my e-mail and poe-password to enter into this Official Site than click on Manage Account, Change Password (which does not require a e-mail confirmation to change, it's instant change)

But anyways, I was gonna make a thread about this, but to my surprised some other ppls also got hacked around the same time I got hacked...

Seems to me it's some sort of mass hacking going on.
Sure hope PoE's isn't getting any information leak... otherwise even changing my passwords will not prevent that.

Also, screw you ppls saying it's our own fault.
I doubt having more than 10+ different ppls getting hacked in under 2 days is all our own faults.
Last edited by anichaos on Aug 30, 2015, 12:08:51 AM
"
anichaos wrote:

BTW, I check my email, there was no Unlock code until I requested a reset password.

Which means they didn't go into my actual e-mail account, but rather just used my e-mail and poe-password to enter into this Official Site than click on Manage Account, Change Password (which does not require a e-mail confirmation to change, it's instant change)

However, when they try to login with the account itself, from a different IP than the one you use, then an email is automatically generated and sent to you with an unlock code.

So yes, they can and did hack your email.

Email support and they can do what they can to help. And take some measures to secure your PC.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Aug 30, 2015, 1:46:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info