Divination Card Drop Rate

Let me preface this all by saying that I have found 20-25 different divination cards. Fortunate to get one of each of those let alone multiples. I understand that acquiring a set of divination cards isn't supposed to be the easiest of things to do, especially on the more valuable cards (Brittle Emperor/The Last One Standing/The Chains That Bind etc.), however the drop rate to required number seems off to me.

Example: Farming the Harvest, I have gotten 3 Exalted Orbs to drop naturally in the time it has taken me to farm 6/12 Hoarder cards to get 1.

Some cards drop without problem. Of course they are cards that equate to winning a Kewpie Doll from a carny, that is to say: At least you got something.

Between the farming for more hours than I am willing to admit to, the monotonous slaughter of level 66-70 monster (zone levels), and even resorting to breaking out my legacy gem for item quantity to help, I'm of the opinion that Divination card Drop Rate vs Needed Cards Per stack needs a revisit. Admittedly, drop rate in maps seem to be better, but as we know map drop rate for higher level maps is still... sad.

I love the divination card system, I think it's a brilliant theoretical way to be able to farm for the gear to make a build you want to try out. From what I've seen since their implementation, it's just that though: a theoretical method. The actual application is left wanting.

Just my personal opinion and feedback from my experience in game.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Divination cards were implemented so you could farm for them. You don't farm for them though, you trade for them. Seems like a failed system to me.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
I agree it doesn't make sense. I farmed 2 chains that Bind cards then realized I had enough money to buy 2 6ls, did so and gave up on the cards.
Hardcore
Most of the "valuable" divination cards seem to drop randomly when passing through a zone. If I combined the playtime over all my 2.0 characters, I have probably spent days efficiently grinding The Dried Lake for exp. In this period of time, I haven't seen a single Brittle Emperor drop even when I have farmed with 20-40 IIQ and minimal drop rate penalty for over-leveling. My friend, on the other hand, has spent about 1/4th the time and seen 4 Brittle Emperor's drop. I've spent hours trying to find other med-high value divination cards, but I've never had a single one drop from targeted farming. I did see two Gladiators drop back to back and one Hunger drop while I was progressing through Act 4 though. I would also like to add that I am terrible at trading but could probably acquire divination cards exponentially faster through trading than through targeted farming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info