General Item Filter. (Simple Version)

ChewyMuffin's Chewy filter

Description:
This is a simple filter created for general users to filter out invaluable items. It only enhances the visual appearances and alert sounds for important items. Hardcore farming and professional players should look for more specific versions to suit their needs. The main purpose of this filter is to alter user when items that can be potentially important to the player are dropped and to make them easier to spot. I don't want to make each item distinctive and has its unique color and sound. That will be counter-productive.

Lists of things that the filter does:
Spoiler

1) Normal rarity items will only be seen if the items are one-handed weapons or shields with 3 sockets linked, or 4 or more sockets linked.
2) Magic rarity item will be seen when its quality is above 10%
3) All rare items will be seen as usual.
4) All unique items will be seen with enhanced alter sound.
5) All currencies now have colored texts, and rare currencies(chaos, exalted, and etc.) come with alter sounds.
7) Health, Mana, and Hybrid Flask have green background color.
8) Other flasks such as quicksilver have torque turquoise background color.
9) Divination cards have slight grey background color.
10) All accessories such as rings, amulets, and belts can be seen. I know some people like to craft them, so I left them unchanged.
11) Partial support to vendor recipes( RGB, 6 slots, and 5-6 linked items) colored texted and alter sound.
12) Changes that affect most drops:
*Background colors are now slightly transparent as oppose to pit black.
*All can be seen items have borders.

Download and Installation instruction:
Spoiler

1)Copy and past the codes from the following website:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ChewyMuffin/Path-of-exile-Filter/master/PoeGeneralFilter
to a blank text document and then save the document as a filter file.
(If the filer's extension is not shown, you have to manually change the setting in the folder option. The instruction varies depending on the versions of the windows that you computer have.)

2) Once it is saved, transfer the document to your path of exile file. (To navigate to the file, simple follow the following path: My computer or This PC -> Local Disk(c): -> Users -> Your username -> Documents -> My Games -> Path of Exile.

3) Start your game.

4) Once your game is loaded, open up the option menu. Select the UI tap and scroll to the bottom. (If the menu does not contain an option for you to load the script, it could mean: 1) You did not change your file's extension to .filter. 2) you did not save the file to the correct file. Double check to see you did both requirements correctly.

5) When it is successfully loaded, the game should tell you the file has been sucessfully loaded, and it should work as intended.

Colors and alert sounds for each category
Spoiler

Currency:
Color:Blue Sound: same as before

Rare Currency
Color:Purple Sound: 2

Extremely rare currency
Color:purple with red background sound: 5

Unique Items (All unique including accessories, maps, and jewels)
Color:Same as before Sound: 4

Rare Items
Color:same as before Sound: same as before

5-6 linked and 6 sockets
color:Green Sound: 3

If you want to familiarize yourself with the sounds, here is a link to a video posted by SgtGosuSan on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHUJUygz-l8

Picture examples: (ignore my crappy stats)

Ornate spiked shield and Elegant sword are both three-linked.
Destiny leather 5 linked and Widowsilk 6 slots.

Two random white items were not shown in the last picture with the filter.

If it piques your interest, go ahead and give it a try. It's not 100% perfect. So if you have any feedback that could make it better, please do reply to the forum so everybody can benefit from it. Thank you.
some editing to my post. Since I created this post after mid-night, I was a bit tired. In some of the description by alter, I meant alert. So just don't get confused : P
I have added a few changes to the filter.
1) Blue currencies now have yellow border so they don't get confused with blue gears.
2) 5 and 6 linked geared now have red text.
More updates:
Now as opposed to quality greater than 10%, all 4-linked magic gears will be seen. (Suggested by a friend that some people like to alt blue items then use regal.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info