Intuitive Leap price jump

I tried to save currency to buy Intuitive Leap jewel in warbands for 1.5-2 EX week ago. Over the night price jump up to 10-15 EX (800-1200 chaos) just because poe.trade behaviour when one guy set price to this extreme and others follow.

I can understand that the jewel is pretty popular but this price is just sick. This brings me to the point when I am often trying to save currency to buy something but inflation goes much faster.

I am a casual player and don't have much time to play as many others but the problem is that my game is affected by these players. This frustration when I am progressing towards receding goal kind of discourages me from playing game.

Any thoughts?

"
Langhun wrote:

Any thoughts?

Working as intended. Demand is high supply is low.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
If it was just one person manipulating the price, just wait it out and eventually the sellers will realize no one is buying at that price and be forced to lower it back to where it should be. If people ARE buying at that price then obviously the demand for it is there. In that case, you'll just have to decide if you REALLY need it that badly.
"
PaladinSMD wrote:

Then maybe supply could be higher.

"
Hodari wrote:
If it was just one person manipulating the price, just wait it out and eventually the sellers will realize no one is buying at that price and be forced to lower it back to where it should be. If people ARE buying at that price then obviously the demand for it is there. In that case, you'll just have to decide if you REALLY need it that badly.

Sometimes I feel like exile's greediness has no limits. It's definitely not worth 800+ chaos orbs.

I wanted to use this jewel to get EE and Quick recovery for 4 points but I found that investing 5 points to get EE + empthy jewel slot will be probably more efficient way for my build anyway.
"
Langhun wrote:
"
PaladinSMD wrote:

Then maybe supply could be higher.

"
Hodari wrote:

Sometimes I feel like exile's greediness has no limits. It's definitely not worth 800+ chaos orbs.

I wanted to use this jewel to get EE and Quick recovery for 4 points but I found that investing 5 points to get EE + empthy jewel slot will be probably more efficient way for my build anyway.

Why should supply be higher? some things in a game based about grinding need to be rare and thus have a low supply. If you don't like to grind your ass off in a game where grinding is a core of that game then maybe this game isn't for you.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
i see one for 3 ex hurry :P
Did they increase the radius or something?
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
PaladinSMD wrote:
Why should supply be higher? some things in a game based about grinding need to be rare and thus have a low supply. If you don't like to grind your ass off in a game where grinding is a core of that game then maybe this game isn't for you.

I agree. Problem is that I REALLY enjoying all other aspects of the game like building characters with all its complexity and exploring possibilities. I don't want the opposite extreme neither but I feel like current droprates are set for people without life. What is wrong about people having fun with nice items? I wish GGG will make self-found league one day.
The truth is I shouldn't waste so much time by stereotype brainless grinding without serious progression and honestly grinding isn't exactly the most efficient way how to play the game anyway.

"
Kythers wrote:
i see one for 3 ex hurry :P

Thanks god! Unfortunatelly I am at work right now. :(
"
Langhun wrote:
It's definitely not worth 800+ chaos orbs.

If people are paying 800+ chaos then it IS worth 800+ chaos. That's how prices work in a free market. Perhaps you meant it isn't worth that much to you, which is fine, but if that is the case I'm not sure what you want us to say other than don't buy it.
To follow up my previous thought.. Average players (including myself) will generally always get priced out of above-average items. Market forces dictate that it must be so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info