GGG is planning to use DirectX12?

Really, GGG should take a look at DirectX12 improvements, the fall in FPS related to particles is dramatically lowered using DirectX 12, its soo much more constantly now. Builds like CoC, Discharge and Whispering Ice wouldnt lag anymore if we could use DirectX 12 i think.

People will thank you guys soo much if you are planning to create DirectX 12 support!

Just look at benchmark and then check this video to see the real diference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bvpyvoNXcw

I know, its another game, but this thing is really incredible, almost doubled the FPS, and its working better for older CPUs!
Last edited by sevazinho on Aug 28, 2015, 6:36:25 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not gonna happen. Maybe PoE 2. As a side note, dont expect D12 games for quite some time.

E: BTW, I do have ants in my pants over GPUS sharing their vRAM.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Aug 28, 2015, 1:51:41 AM
IF they do add it in then it'll take at least a couple more years. They've stated several times that big engine upgrades and such would be difficult for them and take a long time, and DX12 would certainly not be a quick or easy addition.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Going from DX9 to DX11 is basically a full engine rewrite, a massive undertaking.

Not that I would mind, though. DX11 is way, way better than DX9. :)
That and I do not wanna upgrade to W10 =(
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

Gonna have to eventually. DX12 looks amazing.
"

I know this would be a huge job with re-writing etc, but will you ever consider re-doing some of the engine to take advantage of DX10-12, and not strictly stick to DX9?
Has this ever been a topic internally that you actually considered?

This is something we've been discussing internally, but it's a huge task. We need to continue to support DirectX 9 because of the Windows XP users, so a port to DX11 would be an optional version that people with more recent operating systems can use.

this pretty much lets me think. that GGG wil probably upgrade to higher DX version at some point. but due to how much work it would be it will not be any time soon.

should it happen it will probably coincide with the release of a new ACT which will have it's own BETA again.

everything i spout here is obviously baseless , just gut instinct.
Last edited by SjakaWaka on Aug 28, 2015, 11:40:40 AM
I expect that if anything, they'll be upgrading to DirectX 11, 11.1 or 11.2 as they are less low level than DirectX 12 and thus notably easier to work with. DirectX 11 can't be optimized/tweaked as much as DirectX 12, but that's okay, you'll still see amazing performance improvements over their existing aging DirectX 9 engine.

This will also enable access to the visual advancements for those that dislike Windows 10, and ensures their improvements work on more than just 1 single operating system.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Aug 28, 2015, 11:49:09 AM
"

I played with a bit on my work laptop (because it came with windows 8 and blacked a windows 7 install) it's better than 8, and probably better than 7(I just don't like change), as long as you remember to disable the shady features like the data collection.
"
IF they do add it in then it'll take at least a couple more years. They've stated several times that big engine upgrades and such would be difficult for them and take a long time, and DX12 would certainly not be a quick or easy addition.

I really dont think that it will take soo much time, maybe 4-6 months. DICE added Mantle support to BF4 like 2-3 months after AMD announced Mantle. So if the support team wants to do, it happens.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info