Leech Mechanics?

If I stack life leech which is better?

Let's say dps equal = 300 for both

Slow weapon high damage range?

or

Fast weapon lower damage range?

They will have the same top leech rate but a faster weapon will reach it more quickly.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
There's no easy answer, but basically:

If you have very little life leech (less than 2% let's say), it doesn't matter because you're not getting leech capped.

If you have a lot of damage per hit and a decently high leech %, you're going to want to stack attackspeed as much as possible.

%increased leech per second reduces the need to stack attack speed to hit leech cap, but you're still going to want to stack it.

The word salad life per second leech rage stat increases the leech cap. If you can get it, it's really strong.

If you're going melee physical, the easiest way to utilize leech is to invest a bunch into the tree. With full tree investment and a decent DPS, you can leech-cap against single targets with Cyclone.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:
The word salad life per second leech rage stat increases the leech cap. If you can get it, it's really strong.

Word Salad huh? :) No idea what that means.

How much leech on the tree is best and does that mean claws > other weapons? My passive tree is mostly defensive with little damage nodes. Trying to think of the best skill to couple it with.

I can back gilrad up. After reading about his cycloner in another thread, I modeled mine after his and grabbed all phy leech passives on the duelist/marauder side. Able to leech and regain back full health on solo targets, and this is without using LGoH in my skill gem setup.
Yeah basic rule of thumb is: If you can grab all the Duelist-Marauder leech nodes, do it, use a pure-phys skill, and leech will be more than enough to fully sustain you even against bosses with just that alone (though it is a heavy passive investment).

If you're not near those nodes or use vaal pact, well I haven't done it but I hear it's really difficult to specialize in leech.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
ALthough a heavy investment it's well worth it imo for an RT two-hander. Damage output usually isn't a problem and the life leech synergizes with the extra life which a two-hander goes for.

Something comparable on the shadow/ranger side is a VP paired with a claw with life gain on hit like a gemini claw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info