Dropbears on maps and areas without trees

My request is simple:

Gotta stop put dropbears on maps and areas and places which are completely devoid of any trees.

At least back when dropbears were still "rare" we sort of know when and where to expect them.
They jumped you from trees. Now they can jump from out of thin air too!?

WTF GUYS!!!?

You got to put and end of this nonsense!
Not only it is ridicolous and annoying but also makes no sense whatsoever.

ARE THEY JUMPING OUT OF PORTALS OR WHAT!?

If so then put an EFFIN' portal effect on the general area where they will land or something.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think for the most part these "bears" spawn with a couple where a few will drop, so you should know if more are going to drop in that general area.

Logically it doesn't make sense, but its PoE so anything can happen.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
They need to do a general 'sanity check' on the monster variety for each map. Plummeting ursae falling from the sky is just one example of complete nonsense. The others are, just from what I could recall within a couple of minutes:

- Devourers and Rakango tails popping from hard stone floors or bridges that don't have any ground below them.

- Kaom fire dogs using their underground travel ability mid-air to cross bottomless chasms in temple and prison zones.

"
AxxiusEQ wrote:
They need to do a general 'sanity check' on the monster variety for each map. Plummeting ursae falling from the sky is just one example of complete nonsense. The others are, just from what I could recall within a couple of minutes:

- Devourers and Rakango tails popping from hard stone floors or bridges that don't have any ground below them.

- Kaom fire dogs using their underground travel ability mid-air to cross bottomless chasms in temple and prison zones.

I know that dogs are weird, but I'm 99% certain what they're doing is flame dash, just slower.
Path of Dungeon Keeper
Grindy Gated Games
You're clearly not aware that Dropbears can strike anywhere.

Anywhere.
I am playing PoE since closed beta, so I know that in PoE anything can and will happen, sooner or later.

However this is pure nonsense. If there were high cliffs near the path in let's say the Mountain ledge map I could rationalize that the bears dropped from there.

@goetzjam: I am sometimes running so fast that by the time I notice one of them dropped I already triggered the rest of the pack. The funny thing is that it doesn't matter how fast I run one of them always manages to hit me.
---
I specifically hate when there is a rare in the pack. Usually they came with a haste aura or corrupted blood( which I can handle with a flask), other times they came with phys reflect. I have a decent elemental secondary attack and a totem too but sometimes I still have to run the hell away for a couple secs until my totem and golem deals with them.

They are also hard to target sometimes, especially if you use melee or single projectile ranged attacks.

Before my thread I just rage quitted from a map where a rare dropped on my head in the last section of the mountain ledge map and killed me in a few seconds.

All I think is I need more life nods, but I think in this particular case even if my char had twice the HP it wouldn't have mattered.

Luckily I only lost 10% XP, but in lvl 79 that's still a lot. That's a level 69 full clear map and then some.

Any way I still stand by my initial argument. Drop bears from sky has to go.
"
Little known fact: clouds in Wraeclast can occasionally spawn drop bears.

Yeah, no idea why.

Spoiler
I could push for my original plans. Now's probably a good time I guess. I'm really not happy with how things turned out. I had a specific zone in mind for the bears and a specific purpose...and I still haven't done my boss monster.

Specific zone for the bears?

No. Just no. Do not act on that urge.. specific zone, sheesh. You gotta spread the bears love. Bears everywhere. PoE lacks only 3 things: MORE. DROP. BEARS.

Like I said in another post, players should have a feeling that a great item can drop anywhere, anytime.. likewise, bears should be able to drop anytime, any fucking where. :D They should be able to drop, randomly, even at Twilight Strand normal. You thought it was gonna be an easy stroll to Hillock? HELL NO! Drop bears, baby! Cause they're awesome.

#TeamDropBears
Last edited by toyotatundra on Aug 31, 2015, 4:48:41 PM
I still dont get it you paid 12.5k for xp piñatas :)

They should at least have given you the honor also making it appear as a lvl 73 map boss or something. A 10x sized version maybe.

Op is asking where they drop from as that seems impossible but is fine with witches shooting ice and lightning from their hand and crazy critters spawning out the floor.

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Drop bears need no trees to drop from. They aren't monkeys.

Drop bears spot you from very far away due to their telepathic powers. Then, in order to get to you, they just catapult themselves high into the air by means of their explosive digestion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info