Emberwaker, Emberwake, Oro's, Cyclone

Hello guys,
Sorry for my bad english i try to improve it :D. At first to my person. I play this game since closed beta and I LOVE IT. This is my first guide I hope you like it.
The guide is all about the new ring “Emberwake” and his mod “You can inflict multiple ignites on an enemy”. I will focus on my current setup Emberwake + Oro’ s + Cyclone but I try to give you some opportunities to customize for your own. I am now lvl 81 and it's kust so funny to play that i need to share it to you all.

The ring got 2 disadvantages. First, 80% less burning damage. We cant do really much against this problem except stack dmg nodes. The other “Your critical strikes do not deal increased damage”. To compensate this I ignor critical strike chance totally and stack instead chance to ignite because I think this is much easier then crit chance.

For example chance to ignite:

Tree: 25% Oro’s: 20% Chance to Ignite gem(Lvl20): 49% Emberwake: 5%
Total: 99% Chance to Ignite

To deal much damage with Emberwake we need to stack the ignit stacks as fast as possible.

1. Cyclone + Oro:
Pro: We need no additional support gem to improve the attac speed  additional damage gem
Contra: Melee, we need enough defense, moderateley range

2. Molten Strike + Oro:
Similar to cyclone with the disadvantage we need multistrike to increase the attac speed.

3. Firestorm:
Pro: Caster, neglect defense a bit
Contra: Need fast cast speed, need extra single target spell because Firestorm with aoe sucks for single target
I decided for Version 1 because Cyclone with the new Lockstep mode is just awesome.

Leveling:
Because Oro’s require lvl 67 and we skill really much ele/fire dmg I decided to play Split Arrow + Chain with a high physic bow with Blackgleam(50% fire conversation) + physical to lightning gem + added fire for leveling.

Skill tree lvl 30:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA5YaOCcvMok1kjrYOyg8LUrIV-JZ82BDbj1uqnKpd-V7w4KbguSDCYNfg8yKr5ARkFWsqrXytz6-gL68xPbGrti97SD-Cg==

Skill tree lvl 50:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwDlgSzFm8aOCcvMok1kjrYOyg8BTwtR35KyFfiWfNgQ2VNZp5uPW6qbztyD3Kpd-N35XgNe8OCm4LkgwmDX4PMhNmKr5ARkFWiAKlurKq18rc-vTa-gL6nvrzAGsBmxPbGrti94XPjau0g73z60v4K

Skilltree lvl 70:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwDlgSzBS0OPBJpFHEWbxccGGoaOB0UIbAlvCcvKo0ulDKJNPc1kjbYNug5UjpSOlg62DsoPAVDMUd-SRtKyFXGV-JYB1ivWfNaGmBDYSFko2VNZp5uPW6qbztxeXIPcql07Xfjd-V4DXvDfNmCm4LkgwmE2YTvhmCKr49GkBGQVZeFm6GiAKlurJisqrXyvTa-gL6nvrzAGsBmwzPYvdrB20_fv-DD4XPjauoY7FXtIO988Wz3MvfX-Ov60g==

Skilltree lvl 90:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwDlgSzBS0OPBJpEuEUcRZvFxwYahiRGjgdFCGwJbwnLyqNLdIuUy6UMok09zWSNtg26DlSOlI6WDrYOyg8BUMxR35JG0rIVcZX4lgHWK9Z81oaYENhIWSjZU1mnmhlbj1uqm87cXlyD3KpdO12rHfjd-V4DXvDfNmCB4KbguSDCYTZhO-GYIqvj0aQEZBVkc6XhZuhnz6iAKLqqW6smKyqtfK77byfvTa-gL6nvrzAGsBmwzPPftNv2L3ZfNrB20_fv-DD4XPjauoY7FXtIO988Wzz3fcy99f46_rS

Bandits
Life
Attac speed
Frenzy charge

A big problem with cyclone is the high mana cost. Got 3 solutions for that.

1. Skill Bloodmagic in the skill tree
Pro: High life nodes after Blood Magic
Contra: No auras

2. Use Bloodmagic gem:
Pro: Save some Skill points
Contra: lose gem Slot

3. Use Mana gain on hit Jewels and cast Warlocks mark
Pro: Warlocks Marks give additional ll and Endurance charges
Contra: Need expensive Jewels with mgoh + fire dmg + ..
Against single enemys we must take Flasks

My choice is 1 because in the Bm Area are many nice life nodes and to play auras we needed to spend many points in mana and aura nodes.

Defence
Like you can see in my skilltree I didn’t skilled much Armor or something else. The hole defence we need are:
- Fortify on Leap Slam
- Endurance charges as many u like to spent
- Lgoh from Cyclone
- LL from Warlocks Mark
- High Life pool
- Cwdt + Immortal call combo
- Armor flask with + 100% increase Armor
- If u play dual curse enfeeble on cwdt
With all these defence layers we got only against huge physical hits problems.

Equipment:
I played my Emberwaker life based. Must have on each item a high life roll. Additional gloves high attac speed and belt a high elemental weapon dmg roll. Rest fill with resis.
Jewels need ALWAYS fire dmg. Because fire dmg increase both the initial hit and the burning dmg.
Rest with resis/ dmg or attac speed. +1 Weapon Range Jewel is usefull too.

My equipment:

Future dream is to have Kaom’s Heart!

Gameplay:
Like a normal Cyclone char except against Bosses I cast Flammability and Ele Weakness.

Damage Example
Now the interesting part :D Elemental Profilation is additional option to stack Ignit-stackes fast.

The blue circle is the range of Cyclone and the orange is Elemental profilation range.
Each enemy n (red dot) in the blue circle generates h many ignit stackes to all enemys in the orange circle. This number h stands for hits per target.
# ignit stacks = n*h
Burning dmg for each ignit stack:
If I consideration only the damage from the tree + weapon ele dmg gem I get a damage of 2,2k with cyclone + elemental profilation.

Burning dmg is always 20% on the initial hit and the Emberwake disadvantage “80% less Burning dmg” result in a burning damage of around 400.
Now we have to say how high is “h” the number of hits per target. Hits per second with cyclone is around 4,6. A realistic value for “h” is 3 I think (depending on movement speed and size of the monster).
The burning durations is normaly 4s. We skill 10% increase and a 20% ele profilation add additional 10%. Totally we got 4,8s burning duration.
Now we got all values to calculate the dmg depending on the count of enemys.

This is the dmg for 1 cyclone u can multiplicat the damage easily by multiple cyclones!!! The resistance reduction from Elemental weakness and Penetration from Fire penetration gem and tree(5%) are not considered!!!

Have a nice day!!
I'm doing a similar Shadow build, and waiting to try The Taming in the other ring slot (I have one on Standard but the character's on Warbands).
Can u plz make new trees for the talisman update.
This is a really solid build, and it is a hell of a lot of fun to play!!
"This doesn't leave many points left for life and defenses - but that's okay, because now you have the ability to instantly multiply all of your cosmetic purchases. Look at the value!"
So the build idea is very interesting, i run a oro cyclone build myself, sitting at a nice 20k dps, and the only problem that i see with your build is that u choose a class that is unoptimal for what u trying to achieve, going templar or duelist even is way more efficient, u can save a lot of points and use then to get more dps wich u need for better ignites, and getting more jewels that can save you some points with chance to ignite on them, u also will need a bit more hp, and Kaom is great for this, also consider using a devotos devotion, that ms is godly

OBS: Basically dont go scion, get wrecking ball and the two handed nodes, use fireborn on the dueslist jewel for big deeps, get more life and ms on gear, work to get aoe on witch aswell will help u out with clearing, and get some elemental nodes too.
Last edited by HadoukianoTV on Nov 29, 2015, 8:57:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info