At what point can you no longer play self found?

With how damage scales nowdays it's not really an end game viable option.
"
Druga1757 wrote:
The point your patience runs out.

I agree with this. You must have a good damage stick wether it's melee, ranged, or caster. Unless you go full summoner slinging curses.

You can dodge or bluff your way with flasks, but there is no way to get around needing awesome damage capable weapons.

The good news is 4-5 chaos would get you a nice weapon to carry you through mid level maps.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
This depends upon the player (and your RNG). For me, I stop playing self-found exclusively once I hit A4 Merciless and start prepping for maps. My current Wildstrike "experiment" is a perfect example. I've been using nothing but self-found gear up until level 68, when I finally bought a decent 1H sword because my dmg output was just too low. I'll be purchasing a few more upgrades too before I get her into maps.
You can play self found to level 100 if you have the patience tbh.

It's just that for most people when they hit endgame, you want max resists, high life on all gear, specific uniques, a 5/6 link, etc where the easiest way to continue having fun is to spend currency.
"
Skymence wrote:
You can play self found to level 100 if you have the patience tbh.

It's just that for most people when they hit endgame, you want max resists, high life on all gear, specific uniques, a 5/6 link, etc where the easiest way to continue having fun is to spend currency.

gl with that lol
lvl 100, only difference between normal play and self found is that self found have to grind a lot more
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 27, 2015, 3:13:18 PM
You can play 100% self-found fine after you have traded and got every single dream item you will ever need for your characters.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Druga1757 wrote:
The point your patience runs out.

Basically this, someone had to find those items. I play self found until about maps, buying build enabling uniques earlier.
Thanks for all your answers. I do believe I have a solid build planned out so all i need is decent gear, doesn't have to be great, just decent. The thought of trading makes me queasy.

Happy Hunting
Just use poe.trade and search with buyouts only. It makes trading for basic stuff really pleasant and easy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info