At what point can you no longer play self found?

As someone who has never advanced past level 46, when can I no longer play the hand I'm dealt and have to start trading? Cruel? Merciless? A certain level?

Happy Hunting
The point your patience runs out.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

You can play self found as long as you want, I did it into the 70s, but there comes a point where you amass enough currency in your stash that the least painful option is simply to buy an upgrade.

Some character builds can play self found easier (they are still strong with subpar gear because they are caster/minion/totem build), that is probably the biggest factor on how long you can hold out playing self found.

Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
"
Druga1757 wrote:

This is......perfect.
I've played self found 99% of the time in PoE and been just fine. ( I've made 5-6 trades in total in all my total time playing...so far as I recall )

I've never required a trade to survive or progress. Smart planning and knowing your build is the most important. There are enough options now that you can survive quite well self found. More so than ever before.

Is it as easy as trading? No.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
You can play it until you want the really expensive builds. This char ist selffound, you can have drops or chaos orb crafting like this:
x="0" y="0"]

I play mostly 1 or 2 hours in the evening, instead of watching TV before bed.
"
Druga1757 wrote:

+1
Path of Exile, the poe.trade mini-game.
Never traded as such. I've been given stuff occasionally, and have put plenty of bits in guild stash - and used bits from there, too.
Most sustained character is a WoE-BoR duelist, level 91; two of my luckiest drops. Don't play him now as my hours are limited and I'd rather play challenge leagues than chain mid-tier maps in standard. But that's high enough to prove there's no overall bar.

You have to change mindset; instead of thinking "I want to play X build and need ABC uniques", you say either "how good an X bulid can I make this league", or "what build - if any - can I make from this stuff I have found this league".

If you're a not-great player (like me) or don't have astonishing luck, you'll also be locked out of some content for good. Top maps, Atziri & so on might as well not exist for all you'll ever see of them in a challenge league. Get used to it and don't bother complaining, the game is functioning as desired by GGG.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
self found all the way...not really that interested in party play and not interested in trading at all.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Druga1757 wrote:

Such poetry...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info