Would you stop playing PoE when you reach level 100?

A lot of the things GGG do - especially regarding map drop rate - appear to come from fearing that players will reach level 100 too quickly and thus leave the game.

The thing is, PoE isn't a MMORPG, in which people often make one character and that's it. We have multiple incentives to make different characters, be it the temporary leagues, hardcore, or new skills allowing the creation of new builds.

Not to mention the whole aspect of grinding for better gear, and etc.

Would someone here really stop playing the game when a character reaches level 100?
Yeah of course, Everyone has a personal ''level cap'' regardless. Myself once I hit the following 85 - 89 - 91 I usually stop and liquidate the char unless It's an mfer then move on to a next char.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
No, absolutely not. I would reroll and feel content that my character has completed at least one piece of his build - because the challenge of getting BiS gear would still remain.

Level 100 was quite tough to reach even in 1.3, so GGG should stop making huge changes just to make that grind even tougher for a tiny group of people who will get there anyway. It's a fetish that has distracted them from PoE's more significant problems.

Edit: I had misread the question as "would you continue to play PoE when you reached level 100," so I answered "yes." Fixed that.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Aug 27, 2015, 1:59:03 AM
One thing to consider is that an overwhelming majority of, if not all builds could be considered 'complete' by the time the character reaches level 90.
There is no real incentive for most people to level past that point, and only the most dedicated players will be able to reach level 100 in any given league.

As such, I have no issue with higher level maps being scarcer. 79+ maps should feel special and difficult to self-sustain, with an increasing difficulty for 74+ maps. The soft cap of level 90 (or any arbitrary number below that and above 80) is relatively easy to reach even on a strictly 'mid-tier' map pool.

Everyone has their own goal(s) in PoE -- if your goal is to reach level 100, then the amount of time, effort and currency needed should reflect the measure of the accomplishment.
I stop play way before 100. Like 91/92 things get way to boring and since they dont drop decent maps like 80s all the time there is no point. Who the fuck wants to run 100 76 maps to level? I got better things to do with my time. Like forums or watch grass grow.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 27, 2015, 12:15:19 AM
If I did reach 100, which I can't ever see that happening so I don't know how to completely reply.
But if I did managed to reach 100 (I solo play mostly), I believe I would still continue to play PoE.

It's the loot grind and all the possible builds that keep me interested not the idea of a max level character.

#NeverGoing90
Last edited by TwistedTrip on Aug 29, 2015, 3:01:04 AM
If GGG thinks that this means they have no faith in their game. And that's so dumb...

There are millions of build in this game, with a lot of unique flavor.
I like completing things, I want to reach lvl 100 so I can select any tiny small improvement from the tree and see how the build perform. But the grind is so horrible with big penalty upon death, I don't know if I will have the courage.

I'd rather stop playing if I can't reach my objective, not because it's achievable (and multiple times).

GGG should look more at what blizzard did with D3 since launch. They made the game for the casual, not for professional gamer.

note: when I am going to see an exalt drop ffs !?
yea, again, why not, game is sooo fun adn frustrating at the same time in HC leagues
Game gets extremly boring @90+. thats why i dont have any higher char than 92.
btw, did they nerf or buff the mapdrops? for me it feels like a massive nerf.

to answer the question ... i would not stop after reaching level 100.
I have more or less stopped playing at level 66. This game gets extremely boring after a while, especially as we play the same thing over and over again. There is nothing else in the game but fighting, and that gets old rather quickly.

I am going to look for another game, which contains more than just fighting, and where I don't have to go through the same 4 maps over and over again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info