Out with the old - In with the new. Sorta.

Uploading a video now to show just how powerful it is by slapping these 3 uniques together.
Vid uploaded
i dont think u even need the laz amulet tbh, I dont use it on my aegis witch. I dont cap spell block, I barely even invest in normal block, I have I think 3% block from tree and I use a rumis flask and rainbow strides. U dont need the total afk, as long as ur fighting back just having that amount of passive sustain from the video is gg.

nice setup, obviously its a budget thing to some extent, ur not going to be fitting that into a 300ex build but for a temp league/budget build? For sure, thats a really cool little set of interactions.
u thought of adding the old tempest shield + life leech combo into the works? Just for that little bit extra?
Tempest Shield is a 'reflect damage' skill. It will add onto the helmet's effect.
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
u thought of adding the old tempest shield + life leech combo into the works? Just for that little bit extra?

I havent to be honest, all i have done is just equip them and have a laugh at it in action. Im considering using a respec i have to build a proper more optimized version of it.

Looks ridiculous and awesome. I approve 100%. Might have to give that a spin when I want to do a block character.
Trying to stay alive in Hardcore.
"
Demental wrote:
Tempest Shield is a 'reflect damage' skill. It will add onto the helmet's effect.

ya, and add block chance, and u can leech with it, u might even be able to use added damage gems with it like added chaos/lightning etc.
There's definitely a nice synergy between those uniques, and I've only seen it mentioned before in an Incinerate Marauder build that is no longer updated.

That being said, I think a traditional high block build that uses Stone of Lazhwar and a high armor shield is still better, even on a budget. Lioneye's Remorse is a very affordable shield and provides as much as 6k+ armor with all the "increased defences from equipped shield" block nodes. It's good to have a second layer of defense after the chance-based avoidance of block, and as you've mentioned, spell block is difficult to obtain with your setup.

"
Demental wrote:
I don't think this is correct. Tempest Shield deals damage on block, it is not worded as reflect damage and therefore should not trigger Crown of the Pale King's reflect damage gained as life mod.
"
Rockstopper wrote:
There's definitely a nice synergy between those uniques, and I've only seen it mentioned before in an Incinerate Marauder build that is no longer updated.

That being said, I think a traditional high block build that uses Stone of Lazhwar and a high armor shield is still better, even on a budget. Lioneye's Remorse is a very affordable shield and provides as much as 6k+ armor with all the "increased defences from equipped shield" block nodes. It's good to have a second layer of defense after the chance-based avoidance of block, and as you've mentioned, spell block is difficult to obtain with your setup.

"
Demental wrote:
I don't think this is correct. Tempest Shield deals damage on block, it is not worded as reflect damage and therefore should not trigger Crown of the Pale King's reflect damage gained as life mod.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Reflect_damage
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info