Burn Proliferation Melee Templar (2/18/13)

The Chance to Ignite gem along with the weapons' critical strikes chances should give the character above 50% chance to ignite when enough nodes are taken and the gem is leveled up.

And you might be right about the Life... I'm pretty sure altogether it's around 150% Maximum Lifefrom the passive skill tree but I might be mistaken. I'm not taking Eldritch Battery, so Energy Shield should be a decent hitpoints boost too.
same name in-game
"
iao wrote:
"
colexian wrote:
No, the game's "semantics" and terminology do not say elemental proliferation is an aura, nor does it say it causes an aura.

The wiki states that as of patch 0.9.12, Elemental Proliferation is only affected by "aoe increases" not aura aoe increases.

Elemental Proliferation spreads the ailments with auras, and is affected by the Increased Area of Effect Radius modifier. Therefore, the Increased Area of Effect Radius for Auras should work, if that is what "Increased Radius of Auras" is shorthand for (this is unclear and why I also question it). From the support gem's feedback thread:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Elemental Proliferation is changing the elemental status ailments you put on monsters from being single-target debuffs to auras. If the monster isn't there anymore, any auras on it, including elemental proliferation, can't be spread.

I admit, that is compelling evidence.
I withdraw my previous statement.
I know AOE increases do work on it.
Not sure if leadership does.

Can anyone confirm/deny using actual field testing?
I am honestly interested now.
Alright, I just got confirmation from Mark that it doesn't work, but I think Elemental Proliferation should still be worth it anyways. I'll update the first post with new passive skill tree versions.
same name in-game
Here is a variation that keeps to the same pts, but uses the Witch increased AOE nodes.
"0.9.12 Elemental Proliferation is now affected by increases to Area of Effect."

Also moved some of the bottom fire nodes into the witch area. Increased burning damage seems like it would better than longer burning.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsMfRB_EmkTzBRNFVAWbxccGF0ZLhmFGjgabB8CJKon7SlPMok2xTbYNuk8BT1fRtdN2E_zUflSU1RJVcZX4lnzXz9mT2e9cXl2EXfleuZ-r4FJgW-Cm4M4h2WIG4uMjHaPRpBVkn2XlZf0mG-boZwtnYCdrp48n9-iAKcIp4SqUqyqsji0-biTud3AGsaez2XQ0NR81I_YJNrd4XPjauQi5c_nUudq7DjsVezL7SDub-8O73zvhfAf8WzyL_Tp
Increased Area of Effect Radius and Increased Burning Damage might seem better, but the nodes in the Witch area just don't make up for the effectiveness of the route taken into the Strength area of the passive tree.

Also, 30% Increased Burning Duration adds just above one second to the status ailment. That means an addition of approximately 1/3 of the highest Fire damage of the igniting hits is added, which is very significant.

I've updated the first post with the new passive skill tree versions. There are a few optimizations and notably the inclusion of the other Body and Soul cluster for more defense, as I intend for the build to be viable in Hardcore if it works.
same name in-game
I've updated the first post to include information for both staves and dual sceptres. This is mainly because there is little difference between the two's skill trees. I'm not sure which will be better in the long run, but I'll be sure to test it when I'm a high enough level.

Edit: Oh yeah and I realized this build might be very Avatar of Fire friendly once it returns, in whatever form. Hopefully the passive tree conversion won't be so bad!
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Feb 18, 2013, 11:22:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info