anyone ever make a duelist caster?

...or is the lower tree starting position too much to overcome? I'm not looking for something OP or rediculously strong, just viable. I know other classes are more suited for caster nodes, but I'd really like to make an incinerator duelist, but am I insane to try? From what I can see, I can maybe pick up some increased projectile damage and maybe some defenses before heading north with a tree. Stupid or worth a shot for fun? Anyone else ever tried something similar?
You waste 3 points whatever you do as duelist, it isn't optimal.

That being said you can play a duelist caster, as you said path through life & projectile damage nodes and then either go for shadow/witch or templar/witch area.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Caster Duelist? EZ just take Power Siphon and you are set :)
Here is the Tree
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAmy1fOYrwxIK-p7Cr1fhuaXXL6mLTfu969qMVIC2DGbR9df66xKLDOhmKlwYqOBa_D6skix9BAx4GI7VINj1tbJ2qbIxirLTF1CONvwW1wuw6Qkt43agwccDjS1fxs2-eykpfsJu1fVusR1FMSsg_JypN2L01krXybqr-CiaVYeJVS4w2Y0Py4UcG2-e95j7PUUeNfTB8TZIj9v_eJP3nVHBSKgvz6ncHhxOcpInTcNW9NmVNR37-HcFJyNy7403j_o8=

Problem is the gear, it will be very very expensive because you'll need Maligaro's, Rat's Nest, Hyrri's Ire, decent wands since it's best to make Crit Siphon, but you want incinarate, would work too throw crit out, but its waste of three points

Last edited by Ursal231 on Aug 30, 2015, 11:59:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info