Map drops are still a big problem

Anybody "stuck" on 72-73 maps is doing something wrong. You can sustain 75-76 easily solo, with just moderate chiseling and alching / chaosing the really bad rolls. The really hard stuff to break in / sustain begins at 77. My map pool is basically hundreds of 73 and lower, around 50 lvl 74, around 30 lvl 75-76 and a few 77-78, chaining only 75 and 76 to try to build up to 77, and I never leave the game after a night of play with less 75+ maps than I had when I started.
"
Dawmz wrote:
Anybody "stuck" on 72-73 maps is doing something wrong. You can sustain 75-76 easily solo, with just moderate chiseling and alching / chaosing the really bad rolls. The really hard stuff to break in / sustain begins at 77. My map pool is basically hundreds of 73 and lower, around 50 lvl 74, around 30 lvl 75-76 and a few 77-78, chaining only 75 and 76 to try to build up to 77, and I never leave the game after a night of play with less 75+ maps than I had when I started.

Yup take advice from the pro here folks. Everyone else that is stuck is a scrub. /sarcasm
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:
and then finally chisel,alch,chaos,vaal the map.
On 73 maps that is NOT the correct procedure. The main mistake players make rolling low-to-mid maps is investing too much currency.

So, are you going to tell us the "correct procedure", Your Arrogance?
Since I played 4 chars at lvl 85+ while mapping only solo on tempest, I think I have a pretty good idea where the "wall" is yeah, sorry that it makes you so mad. But obviously, if you consider running your one and only 73 map and not getting a return as "stuck under 73" then I guess it's possible. If you're building a pool like you're supposed to, you will chain 75 easily (without buying maps, using zana or even using sac frags). But it's true there is a real wall beyond that, it's very obvious. This wall might be breakble with more investment, I don't know, don't feel the need to try.
Last edited by Dawmz on Aug 27, 2015, 7:51:58 PM
"
AxxiusEQ wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:
On 73 maps that is NOT the correct procedure. The main mistake players make rolling low-to-mid maps is investing too much currency.

So, are you going to tell us the "correct procedure", Your Arrogance?

For 73s? Alch and go, no chisels, the mods at that level are light-mods, if your build has trouble alch and going (with few acceptions) at that level, your build won't get far in high maps. 73's should grow in both directions (maintaining 73, growing <73s and growing 74-75s) even ran blue, but they are so tame they may as well be alched to grow quicker and test out your build a bit.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 27, 2015, 7:50:22 PM
"
Dawmz wrote:
Since I played 4 chars at lvl 85+ while mapping only solo on tempest, I think I have a pretty good idea where the "wall" is yeah, sorry that it makes you so mad. But obviously, if you consider running your one and only 73 map and not getting a return as "stuck under 73" then I guess it's possible. If you're building a pool like you're supposed to, you will chain 75 easily (without buying maps, using zana or even using sac frags). But it's true there is a real wall beyond that, it's very obvious. This wall might be breakble with more investment, I don't know, don't feel the need to try.

Yep, that is exactly what I found too. The wall was lv 74 before 2.0.2, and now it's lv 76. No problem sustaining lv 75, but going beyond that requires a new level of currency investment. It doesn't seem to matter how many lv 74-75's you run - you will not find any lv 77's unless you spend a whole lot and roll it really high. THAT is a problem for a solo player. This wall should be at lv 79 or maybe 80, not lv 76.
"
Dawmz wrote:
Anybody "stuck" on 72-73 maps is doing something wrong. You can sustain 75-76 easily solo, with just moderate chiseling and alching / chaosing the really bad rolls.

Enough with such arrogant bullshit. I chisel and alc every map and I've seen exactly one level-75+ map drop since 2.02. Mid and high-level maps are just as much a pay2play racket as Atziri. For the vast majority of players, level 75-79 map drops are as scarce as Exalts and level 80+ maps are as mythical as Mirrors.
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Dawmz wrote:
Anybody "stuck" on 72-73 maps is doing something wrong. You can sustain 75-76 easily solo, with just moderate chiseling and alching / chaosing the really bad rolls.

Enough with such arrogant bullshit. I chisel and alc every map and I've seen exactly one level-75+ map drop since 2.02. Mid and high-level maps are just as much a pay2play racket as Atziri. For the vast majority of players, level 75-79 map drops are as scarce as Exalts and level 80+ maps are as mythical as Mirrors.

pay2play doesn't mean what you think it means

also, you're lying about only one 75+ map, unless you've barely ran any 73s, in which case, uh hmm
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
When you do 77 maps with 115%+ quant, investing chisels, chaos, sacrifice fragments, take a risk and kill the bosses... I don't know, but is it too much to expect some type of return?

Am I being greedy? Is 0 map drops really acceptable in this situation?

This system is absolute bullshit.
Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Aug 27, 2015, 9:07:20 PM
"
Baron01 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Baron01 wrote:
... Rolling maps in 2.0 is not a science, in fact it is very simple--you aim for as much quantity and pack size as possible. You also look for more magic monsters and to less extent more rare monsters. >>> drums and here we come >>> There is no way you will be doing heavy map rolling below lvl75+ because it is cheaper to run white or just alched-and-go maps and buy more maps with saved currency.
You clearly do not understand how to roll low/mid maps, and most people do not. They just spam currency until they're broke and then QQ. Like how Texas Holdem changes when you go from 8 players to heads-up, rolling mid maps properly is actually more difficult than high ones because you can't sum it up with a stupid easy "aim for this" statement.

So, you came to conclusion I do not know how to roll maps because you failed to read my whole post where I clearly said you are in no way going to "roll" maps with large amount of currency. I said that map rolling is not difficult because it is not. There are very clear factors you want to maximize and that is about it. The main challenge is to sustain the currency needed to roll maps.

The whole map drop situation is even worse at mid-tier level because you should be buying your maps rather than running them. Alch-and-go style on 72 and 73 is the way to go because any Scoure/Alch or Chaos in addition to the initial one is wasted due to fact you can buy 2 or 3 maps of that level for that currency. The issue is I want to play Path of Exile ARPG not Path of PoE.Trade simulator....

Then you're creating a challenge for yourself outside of the game design. This is admirable, but you have to see why it's silly to complain about a self-imposed challenge, right?

I had a duelist character that didn't wear a helm or chest armor. I thought this funny as I could picture the duelist wanting to show off his handsome face and his pecs (he's not shirtless but he has that multiple-top-buttons-unbuttoned thing going on) even if this meant lacking in defense. This character was hard to level and I gave up when it stopped being amusing, but it was a fun challenge.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info