The decision to start over?

Hi,
For those of you playing Warbands right now, at what point do you consider your character/build "broken" and decide to retire it? After how many deaths? 1, 2, 10, 20, etc?

When playing warbands I used to play until I could not easily keep up with the zone level progression. Lately, Ive been re-rolling every time I die only a few times. Just had my first three deaths on malachai and I've got that itch...

Curious how you all handle this decision :) (if it even is a decision for you)
I am on my first character on Warband which is also my first character in POE. My /deaths is 200+, mostly during boss fights. I think I died over 30 times on cruel Malachai chipping him bit by bit. I don't die much during normal content. For me, the point of playing non-HC is so that I can go Rambo mode so dying is not a reason for me to reroll. I am quite happy with my passive tree now and think my dying is more to do with gears and my own reflexes.
Path of exile - The real sequel to Diablo 2
Last edited by Vinwolfy on Aug 24, 2015, 8:28:34 PM
I go by how that character will continue. I like trying to make it to merciless with only a few deaths. Should be doable with most builds. At that point i try to use act4 dry lake to level up past 70-75+. If i'm level 70+ and I can't clear most of dry lake, the build probably isn't going to last any longer.
Necro'ing this post that I made a few days/week ago.

So my Marauder is lvl 75...started at 29% into lvl 75. Completed two maps(70 and 71), died twice, and finished at 27% (net loss of 2 percent in XP).

Would you say its time to shelve the character and start over? Im starting to go backward in XP on maps that I outlevel by 4-5 levels.

Thoughts?

Oh, totally self found...not into trading so if its time to shelve the character without trading, Im OK with it.

I also play self found.

I'll start new when xp gain < xp loss and I am playing as best as I can.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info