MoreRain: Life&ES CoC Discharge [2.2]

hey have question about jawels

i found one with "increased critical strikes chance with fire skills" and "increased critical strikes chance with lightning skills, does they proc twice for discharge ? also what should i focus by buying jawels critical for spells (cold\light\fire) global ? or critical multi ? and 3rd mod would be arena damage or spell damage?what's the best
IGN Dareiosh
"

I started running with increased aoe gem in place of increased crit strikes a while ago for certain maps, just to make it an easier quality of life for the clear then put it back in for the boss. Took a while to get used to it (not having the smoothness of inc crit strikes) and have to be careful with zero charges (think i'm at 55 crit with zero charges with no increased crit strikes gem), ......... i am doing this because ..... i can. No other way to really bulge out our nuke clouds to same levels as an aoe gem. Some map clear vids ere if interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2SO-KqUtfo (abyss)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcdVdscO1lk (waterways) prob not needed for this map but whatevs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGdrTjlyGrA (sheep yard)

obviously the aoe gem is more worthwhile on some maps more than others.
aoe gem with aoe shrine is glorious.

unfortunately for melee, we'll never have the luxury stand and shoot from distance as ranged skills. makeing us whirl, flicker, leap to everywhere we need to go, map doodads, walls, even pebbles annoy cyclone pathing.

mayb i need to make a hybrid bow char with good ehp :)

I ended up using IAOE in place of frost nova for mid map clears because the clear speed is very sub par relative to the cost w/o Iaoe regardless if you did 60,000 dps or 600,000 dps. I don't have a level 4 enlighten so it was a nightmare to get enough mana/lgoh to sustain the 19 cost. I timed a few gorge runs and broke the 2 minute clear threshold so even though a self centered aoe can not offscreen an entire army, it can be made to run very fast. Still , I really do miss being able to clear an entire screen while standing still.

Where the build really shines is that damage does not fall off at any tier map or even enfeeble, ele resist maps and of course the ability to safely to otherwise dangerous bosses.

I noticed you have very interesting flask choices. Is this your main setup?
Right now I use:
surgeon's quicksilver of adren (this is imo mandatory for efficient clear because you need to make the cyclone animation MS as fast as possible and will also boost damage based on initial post)
surgeon's topaz of heat
surgeon's granite of iron skin
surgeon's hallowed hybrid flask of staunch
diamond of adren (mostly used to burst down bosses but not much use elsewhere)

but I feel like I should incorporate taste of hate and/or rumi's to really push alchemist's potential. Post league, I think using the retch to extend utility flasks to 7 seconds will be kind of amazing.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 15, 2016, 2:58:24 PM
"
Shecutor wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
@Shecutor: You can easily do uber with that gear, it's just a question of practice, and it might not be deathless your first few times.

That its what i need motivation :) i wil try today normal with your build i make wo ding o yesturday in 1 run i die 2 times 1 couse i was courius to tank double flamblast ( well its not :) ) second i was se wrong miror in split :)

i spend 15 ex for sets yes 5 sets i was not kil her duno why rly its stupid i was even try to use rof like you but it was not help, mostly in split phase with rof and flask they kil me wo problem , i know must practice but i think my currency wil not help me with that
"
Shecutor wrote:
"
Shecutor wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
@Shecutor: You can easily do uber with that gear, it's just a question of practice, and it might not be deathless your first few times.

That its what i need motivation :) i wil try today normal with your build i make wo ding o yesturday in 1 run i die 2 times 1 couse i was courius to tank double flamblast ( well its not :) ) second i was se wrong miror in split :)

i spend 15 ex for sets yes 5 sets i was not kil her duno why rly its stupid i was even try to use rof like you but it was not help, mostly in split phase with rof and flask they kil me wo problem , i know must practice but i think my currency wil not help me with that

Do you have videos? Make sure to attack the clone diagonally across from the mirror. Also use vaal lightning trap to help clear the mirror phase quickly.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
Nephalim wrote:
I ended up using IAOE in place of frost nova for mid map clears because the clear speed is very sub par relative to the cost w/o Iaoe regardless if you did 60,000 dps or 600,000 dps. I don't have a level 4 enlighten so it was a nightmare to get enough mana/lgoh to sustain the 19 cost. I timed a few gorge runs and broke the 2 minute clear threshold so even though a self centered aoe can not offscreen an entire army, it can be made to run very fast. Still , I really do miss being able to clear an entire screen while standing still.

Where the build really shines is that damage does not fall off at any tier map or even enfeeble, ele resist maps and of course the ability to safely to otherwise dangerous bosses.

I noticed you have very interesting flask choices. Is this your main setup?
Right now I use:
surgeon's quicksilver of adren (this is imo mandatory for efficient clear because you need to make the cyclone animation MS as fast as possible and will also boost damage based on initial post)
surgeon's topaz of heat
surgeon's granite of iron skin
surgeon's hallowed hybrid flask of staunch
diamond of adren (mostly used to burst down bosses but not much use elsewhere)

but I feel like I should incorporate taste of hate and/or rumi's to really push alchemist's potential. Post league, I think using the retch to extend utility flasks to 7 seconds will be kind of amazing.

Maybe try getting another mgoh jewel somewhere to help with the cost. Yeah coc damage doesn't get gimped as much by those mods, EE is a free mod for us where it's a damage penalty for others. Other crit builds will suffer for the fact alone of losing accuracy and not having EE. I do agree mirrored gear wanders / bow users can breeze through the map clear, i don't miss the fact though this build is so much safer and has x10 times the survive-ability. And doing the wonkier map mods doesn't feel as much of a chore/tightrope walk in comparison. (I guess bow users could throw on a legacy kaoms for the ehp, but you'd need to get str nodes, lose a 6 link and still not get to the same ehp levels without sacrificing damage).
I never enjoyed single target on the bow users / wanders, but blast rain kind of fixed that a bit for bow users, maybe wanders might get something in ascendancy to fix that (considering their pool of skill choices is pretty poor). For this build single target isn't as much of a problem, you don't really need to use any other setup or use gimpy mechanics such as frost wall.

I just use a normal standard flask setup of 3 resists, 1 granite, 1 hybrid/life. All the way to 100 pretty much, didn't need to use anything else. I just use flask mtx skins on all of my flasks (because i can) :) ... I did experiment with taste of hate, rumi's, evasion flasks, vinktars, diamonds but i just didn't feel the need to use any of them over normal surgeons resists/granite with the gear level i have. The unique flasks are indeed OP though, too bad can't get surgeons on them. Imagine if inner force still existed on the tree :)
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
Last edited by PoE17 on Jan 15, 2016, 7:46:07 PM
"
PoE17 wrote:

Maybe try getting another mgoh jewel somewhere to help with the cost. Yeah coc damage doesn't get gimped as much by those mods, EE is a free mod for us where it's a damage penalty for others. Other crit builds will suffer for the fact alone of losing accuracy and not having EE. I do agree mirrored gear wanders / bow users can breeze through the map clear, i don't miss the fact though this build is so much safer and has x10 times the survive-ability. And doing the wonkier map mods doesn't feel as much of a chore/tightrope walk in comparison. (I guess bow users could throw on a legacy kaoms for the ehp, but you'd need to get str nodes, lose a 6 link and still not get to the same ehp levels without sacrificing damage).
I never enjoyed single target on the bow users / wanders, but blast rain kind of fixed that a bit for bow users, maybe wanders might get something in ascendancy to fix that (considering their pool of skill choices is pretty poor). For this build single target isn't as much of a problem, you don't really need to use any other setup or use gimpy mechanics such as frost wall.

I just use a normal standard flask setup of 3 resists, 1 granite, 1 hybrid/life. All the way to 100 pretty much, didn't need to use anything else. I just use flask mtx skins on all of my flasks (because i can) :) ... I did experiment with taste of hate, rumi's, evasion flasks, vinktars, diamonds but i just didn't feel the need to use any of them over normal surgeons resists/granite with the gear level i have. The unique flasks are indeed OP though, too bad can't get surgeons on them. Imagine if inner force still existed on the tree :)

I ended up using a third mgoh jewel and some max mana on gear/jewels to offset the cost. The build feels much smoother with Iaoe and I use conc effect for bosses but from limited testing it seems just slapping in a freezing pulse is better and less mana intensive.

Wander ST is non existent unless you have several hundred exalts of gear but KB is arguably the best clear skill in the game at the highest gear tier but saying a build is well designed or powerful with 2000 exalts worth of gear is kind of idiotic. It's one of my 2 favorite builds but I hated cringing(skipping) at bosses like piety, dominus, dog and bird, exca because the risk ratio is not worth it past level 90. Speaking of dog and bird I'm still kind not really able to consistently deathless/1 portal them at least on -max/ele or such maps but its small thing at this point.

After playing this build for less than two days and getting from 96 to 97 I'm finding it hard to find the will power to create and play any other spell based build because it's simply not going to be 1/2 the power and utility of this build. Low life blade vortex with skyforth should come close but its another kagilion more exalts to play a very similar and not necessarily superior build that is vastly less mobile due to lack of dagger ias investment. I guess what I'm saying is that this build is very effectual even at its very high price ratio.

Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 15, 2016, 9:25:10 PM
Tried using Arc instead of inc aoe? The chain is pretty wicked.
"
krilox wrote:

I tried almost every spell, nothing could clear as fast as Iaoe for no bosses.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
krilox wrote:

Nice, havent tried iaoe yet, havent really felt the need for it but i'll try it out. :)

Finally happy with the gear:

Spoiler

Will be hard to find upgrades now :)
"
krilox wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
krilox wrote:

Nice, havent tried iaoe yet, havent really felt the need for it but i'll try it out. :)

Finally happy with the gear:

Spoiler

Will be hard to find upgrades now :)

Holy smokes, I can't believe that is on talisman on not sc. There are only 8 +1 volls on even standard and the lowest one is 129 exalts.

The nice thing about this build is that past a certain threshold, you don't really need more more in order to cleanly clear even high maps. Getting past that threshold is very difficult though and no other build has taken me this long to plan out.

Can you tell me the dps difference of discharge will full charges in a tabula rasa vs a +1 voll's? I'm wondering how big the damage difference is between a level 20 discharge, 21 discharge and 21 discharge inside a +1 voll's because just a 21 discharge is 10 exalts.
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 16, 2016, 5:37:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info