[2.0.2b WARBANDS] AlfaPOWA's NOVA CYCLONE V1.0.2 - "Eye of the storm" -=|AOE 125K+|=- | VIDEO UP!

V1.0.2 2015-08-31 - Small update, posted a link to dps calulator, don't forget *1,5 for shockstatus! Also tried Atziri for fun when i lvled yesterday. I cleared just fine until the three dudes, they were a pain in the a**. Atziri totally wiped me clean :)
V1.0.1 2015-08-25 - Small update, posted off/def screens! And colorized the links for easier recognition.
V1.0 2015-08-24 - Full guide ready for the public, yet missing video and stat Pictures. Will post a excell calc sheet later on!

This build is a work in progress, the idea was born during the closed beta peroid and i started testing it out in standard league before going warbands.

A warning for the superpoor people
This build DOES require some investment to work.
You need a vagan dagger.(thou you can get by with any vagan dagger with 8% crit and 1,5speed only!)
You NEED a 6L to be effective!
and you need to get some elreon jewelry going.
All this will cost you around 2 exalted if you invest some time and sneak around poe.trade alot.

Video section

First video of clearspeed, quality sucks :P

Spoiler

Progress
Currently lvl 84 and ripping content appart, not yet run atziri or maps higher then 73 since my gear isn't where i want it to be yet!

What is this build about?
This is a build that focuses on strong aoe synergies, we will have offleved singletarget spells for bosses lite atziri(not tested yet). Autocurse thru HoI atm.

How we calculate dps, and assumptions we make!
http://latexbruderschaft.wyldside.de/?page_id=368
Fill in all the data in the fields, then multiply by 1,5 for shocked status. Ele.weakness doesn't reduce mobs resistance below zero. So it doesn't increase damage compared to a 0 resistance mob, BUT!
Towards a resistant mob the output increased dramaticly!
Basically i have around 27K singletarget(with aoe spells equiped) and 5 times that in packs or more as aoe (125-200K)
This is sheet dps. And when i take down rares etc. they are often dead about the same time the pack is, because of how the aoe spread thru the mobs surrounding the rare mobs

I would recommend getting the reverberation rod to lvl with. Slot in incinerate+faster cast+lmp and your are ready to lvl all the way to 50+ with that gear.(This is where it's time to start CoC'ing!)
I would also recommend getting 1-2 elreonrings with LOW lvl requirement. This will make your incinerate free to use and you can instead reserve all your mana with HoI+HoT+anger!

Spoiler

lvl 40+ going cruel
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAv4FQgW1Bx4OSA-rEZYWvyP2JpUsnC0fMHw2PUGWQsNEq0lRTLNNklFHVUtVrl3yYeJirGyMbWx_xoIQjDaNfY2_j6aVIJUunaqio66zwfPUI9-E37DndOjW8NU=

We will respec a few points around the "assasination" path later, first we go for the hp nodes and pathway to get everywhere.

lvl 60+ going merciless
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAv4EswVCBbUHHg3RDkgRLRGWFr8gbiP2JP0mlSoLLJwtHzB8MtE2PUGWQsNEq0VHSVFMs02SUDBRR1VLVa5d8mHiYqxjQ2yMbWxwUnBWcNV8g3_GghCJ04w2jX2Nv4-mkBuVIJUumhOdqqIAoqOus7VIwGbB89Qj217b1N-E37DnVOd06Nbr7vAf8NXz6g==

Now we aim to start CoC'ing! Get that 5L going with cyclone+pcoc+CoC+ice nova+shock nova!

Almost endgame
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAv4EBwSzBUIFtQceDdEOSBEtEZYWvxo4IG4j9iT9JpUnLyoLLJwtHzB8MtE2PTpYOthBlkLDRKtFR0WdSVFMs02SUDBRR1NSVUtVrlXGWfNd8mHiYqxjQ2yMbWxwUnBWcNVyqXyDf8aCEIKbg9uJ04w2jX2Nv4-mkBuQVZJ9lSCVLphvmhOaO5rgnaqiAKKjrKqus7VIwGbB89Qj217b1Nwj34TfsOFz5c_nVOd06Nbr7uw48B_w1fPq9zI=

Now you should start beginning to rip the maps apart. IF u got full resistances. Uncapped you should stay away from maps 70+

Final build!(6L)
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAv4EBwSzBUIFtQceDdEOSBEtEZYWvxo4IG4j9iT9JpUnLylPKgssnC0fMHEwfDLRNj06QjpYOtg8BT1fPs9BlkLDRKtFR0WdSVFLeEyzTZJQMFFHUlNTUlVLVYVVrlXGWfNd8mHiYqxjQ2Sda7dsjG1scFJwVnDVcql8g3_GghCCm4PbhX2J04w2jX2Nv4-mj_qQG5BVkn2VIJUul5WYb5oTmjua4J2qogCio6XLrKqus7VIvebAZsHz0PXUI9te29TcI92o34TfsOFz5c_nVOd06Nbr7uv17DjvfPAf8NXyHfPq9zL_3g==

Choose doomcast cluster(4 points) OR 2 frenzy charges. final tree is 112 points!

Normal: Help Oak for HP
Cruel: Kill all for skillpoint
Merciless: Help Alira for powercharge

Pros and Cons of this Build
Pros
1. An extremely fun build!
2. No struggling with accuracy due to the mandatory Vagan dagger!
3. Highspeed farming due to high clearspeed(you never stop)
4. Very easy to level up!

Cons
1. For late game you want many 20 Q gems, it's gonna cost.. but not needed at all
2. Hard to find gear with all the stats wanted on the same item(specially the elreon rings/amu!)
3. You need to get a few gems from other characters. Not everything can be bought!

Spoiler

This is the gear i currently use, still much room for improvement

- Bought for 3 chaos
- Bought for 5 chaos
- Bought for 1,6 exalted mixed currency
- Found/made myself!
- Found/made myself!
- Found/made myself!
- Found/made myself!
- Found/made myself!
- Found/made myself!
- Found/made myself!

Total cost of build = 2 exalted! (Gearcheck 2015-08-24)

Spoiler

This is the flasks i use

Under revision!!!!

Spoiler
FF0000
3L Whirling blades 1-fortify 20/20-Faster attacks 20/20 (This is an experiment, not using it as much as i should atm)
3L x-x-x (Thinking about vaal gems with LL linked here)
6L Cyclone 1/20-CoC 20/20-PCoC 20/20-Ice nova 21/20-Shock nova 21/20-Flame surge 21(Q not needed at all)
6th slot should be flame surge for the added singletarget dps. IT IS NEEDED for late game!
4L HoI 21/20-Ice bite 20/20-Culling strike 1(could lvl if u want.. no effect)-innervate 20/20(Q doesn't do much really...)
4L HoT 21/20-Curse on hit 20/20-elemental weakness 20/20-blind 1(could lvl if u want.. gain is small)
4L cwdt 5-immortal call 7-inc.duration 20/20-Warlords mark 8/20(Q not really needed)

Offensive screen

Spoiler

Screen taken with 3 frenzycharges up

Defensive screen

Spoiler

Screen taken with 3 endurancecharges up, no iron flask!

Spoiler

Auras

Use Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder. for last part you use Arctic armour+clarity OR anger instead(if u get up all elreon jewelry. then your attacks are free!)

Curses

Use elemental weakness on HoI, and warlords mark on cwdt chain. This will work in your favor. Since when you are clearing fast the ele.weak will help you. And when you start taking damage from hardhitting mobs you will autocurse them with Warlords wich will make you survive ;)

IMPORTANT!
Level "cast on damage taken" gem to approriate level, i recommend a lvl that is around one third of your hp pool.

Early gameplay
Spoiler

Since almost all your damage will come from reverberation rod and incinerate and first spelldamage nodes in tree your gear can fully focus on hp/resistances!
Get spelldamage offhand if u can find a decent one, don't spend currency to buy one!
Step 2: Easy grind to 50+ where you enter the next chapter "Late gameplay"

Late gameplay

Spoiler
Now is the time to start getting as much crit chance in tree and gear as possible. The higher the chance, the better flow of dps we get. Inconsistency is a killer!(For you that is)
Multipliers are the end of endgame, get your resistances to max and Life up to 4K+
When you hit critchance 75+ and a low manacost with elreons you can just fly thru the content.
A few important items that are top priority!
1. Vagan dagger, 1,4+ speed and 8+ crit chance!
2. 6L chest!
3. Elreon rings/amulet, get that cost of cyclone down below 5 mana asap!
4. Quicksilver pot/Armour pot with critrefill!
5. Atziri pot for the hardhitting bosses that you need that extra LL for!
6. cwdt chain with Warlords mark!

How do i go about crafting?
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
Last edited by alfaPOWA on Aug 31, 2015, 2:50:34 PM
Extra slot if needed...
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
Realy nice build m8!

It works like a charm :D
IGN:Spanks_Wander
Feel free to slap me a whisper
I just got Kingsguard dropped at my lap and wondering how i can make it work to sustain a better lifeleech for myself, is it any good way to do this besides discharge/volls amu?

Edit: I'm thinking maybe "smashing strikes" passive node would help with this. We crit ALL the time, and 10% chance WOULD produce charges for us, meaning we could gain a decent amount of life from kingsguard. Then we also gain a small amount of charges from warlords when needed...... gotta think about this =)
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
Last edited by alfaPOWA on Aug 29, 2015, 3:34:11 AM
Might give this a shot, looks fun!
Is reflect a problem for this build?
"
wozzlebottle wrote:

I took Phase acro in tree late.. like 81. That was when the gear started showing some reflect problems.
Haven't noticed any problems after that. But when you increase crit multiplier and get better and better gear you probably WILL feel the reflect. So adjustments for superlate gameplay might be needed.
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
"
alfaPOWA wrote:
"
wozzlebottle wrote:

I took Phase acro in tree late.. like 81. That was when the gear started showing some reflect problems.
Haven't noticed any problems after that. But when you increase crit multiplier and get better and better gear you probably WILL feel the reflect. So adjustments for superlate gameplay might be needed.

Maybe a Vaal Pact/Warlord's mark setup?
So I took Vaal Pact, and setup Warlord's mark on CwDT setup and HoT. The builds survivability skyrocketed!
For a cheap 6L, tabula is also a viable option, currently running with it.
Very effective build for such cheap gear. Ripping through 73 maps with less than an Exalt worth of gear!
"
wozzlebottle wrote:
So I took Vaal Pact, and setup Warlord's mark on CwDT setup and HoT. The builds survivability skyrocketed!
For a cheap 6L, tabula is also a viable option, currently running with it.
Very effective build for such cheap gear. Ripping through 73 maps with less than an Exalt worth of gear!

Yes, as you noticed the build is very easy to get going for a low amount of currency.
Thereby the "new-League-friendly" approach :)
The use of dual curses would make the build SO much more stable, allowing for a constant warlords+ele.weakness. Aiming for a corrupted amulet for this would be great, meanwhile a pair of windscream boots would do the trick!
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
Yeah Dual Curse would be good. But I just got this amu:
(need to change light dmg mod)

Hard to find something similar with extra curse.

Maybe windscream I might test it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info