Who gets the loot in multiplayer?

Is it whoever gets the kill or is it up the the discretion of the party host?
"
Is it whoever gets the kill or is it up the the discretion of the party host?

You'll enjoy this post from Chris :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392/highlight/how+is+loot+distributed
That's a good solution, kinda like need/greed rolls in WoW. But personally, I would rather instanced loot, so to speak.

IE: You both kill Boss A, he drops loot Y and Z.

Loot Y can only be seen by Character A, and loot Z can only seen by Character B.

Character A picks up loot Y, but sees it's for Character B. Character B picks up loot Z, and sees it's for Character A.

They swap out items, everyone is happy.
Last edited by Someone4956 on Aug 11, 2011, 1:08:14 AM
It be good if there was somesort of gold sharing at least, it would just be distracting for everyone to be rushing around trying to be first to chests
"
Someone4956 wrote:
That's a good solution, kinda like need/greed rolls in WoW. But personally, I would rather instanced loot, so to speak.

IE: You both kill Boss A, he drops loot Y and Z.

Loot Y can only be seen by Character A, and loot Z can only seen by Character B.

Character A picks up loot Y, but sees it's for Character B. Character B picks up loot Z, and sees it's for Character A.

They swap out items, everyone is happy.

I'm happy with the current revision of the loot system for PoE. I think what I like best about it is that the reserved loot has a timer. Let's say you're playing with a buddy and he drops as you kill a boss, you can pick up his loot and give it to him once he comes back and not having to worry about it expiring/disappearing on the ground.
Last edited by cwood154 on Aug 11, 2011, 1:16:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info