Please revert the Discharge change in the latest patch

Wouldn't it be possible to have a client sided option for this? I loved the way discharge's visuals and audio turned out when you had all charges. Besides, I never experienced FPS loss from discharge. Not even when running it with a CoC setup along with 2 other spells.
I actually like it as is but they should sell a MTX to y'all who want full bore.:P

Like my ice nova who gets full effect

I'm thinking 190 pts can you feel me Mark?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 27, 2015, 11:28:08 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This was a big problem for a lot of players and was causing framedrops and disconnects.
Discharge's "stacking" effect was designed when discharge wasn't a thing you could spam, because you'd run out of charges. Trigger gems and more ways to gain charges meant we had to tone down the effects or give it a big cooldown to make it non-spammable again.

I think we all know the complaint threads would be a lot bigger if we'd taken the other route.

This may or may not be obvious but why not just have on/off settings for the game.

Games like marvel heroes have settings how much crap I want to see other people (and how much of it) and complete settings with scale bars how flashy or nonflashy effects I want to be and thus on.
Having x2 r9 290x and a 2560x1440 144hz freesync monitor I must say that this game needs a severe particle reduction campaign followed by an extreme optimization overhaul before any new effects are added.

there is absolutely no reason why I shouldn't be getting at least 100 frames in this game.

most MTX drop precious framerates. I've regretted a lot of my MTX purchases for this reason, and it has made me think twice before making my character look sexier.

I think GGG would see a healthy increase in MTX purchases if they optimized their game a little more. Just my 2 cents.
IGN: Orlyi
"
Nezrul wrote:
http://poedb.tw/us/search.php?Search=discharge

Wanna bet they made it shittier looking just to sell mtx?

They did exactly that with Auras, so my answer is yes.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
Nezrul wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This was a big problem for a lot of players and was causing framedrops and disconnects.
Discharge's "stacking" effect was designed when discharge wasn't a thing you could spam, because you'd run out of charges. Trigger gems and more ways to gain charges meant we had to tone down the effects or give it a big cooldown to make it non-spammable again.

I think we all know the complaint threads would be a lot bigger if we'd taken the other route.

Well you ruined it, not only it looks and feels way worse visually but the user has less feedback of what's going on behind the scenes if he doesn't constantly look up to see the "charge buffs". My suggestion would be some sort of color combination in the discharge texture instead of making them overlap so we still get the same color changing effect because the way it's now it's just sad.

That is possible. Instead of multiple effects combining, have multiple singular effects each looking similar to multiple effects and you have the game switch between each individual effect that looks like multiple effects as you gain different kinds of charges.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Aug 28, 2015, 11:59:25 AM
"
husyk wrote:
Wouldn't it be possible to have a client sided option for this? I loved the way discharge's visuals and audio turned out when you had all charges. Besides, I never experienced FPS loss from discharge. Not even when running it with a CoC setup along with 2 other spells.

Client sided option would be great.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I actually like it as is but they should sell a MTX to y'all who want full bore.:P

Like my ice nova who gets full effect

I'm thinking 190 pts can you feel me Mark?

Hell no, making something that looked great worse just to sell the same thing later is just wrong.

"
"
Nezrul wrote:
http://poedb.tw/us/search.php?Search=discharge

Wanna bet they made it shittier looking just to sell mtx?

They did exactly that with Auras, so my answer is yes.

I thought the same thing when they removed auras but do they sell them now? the old auras from open beta? I haven't checked so idk.
"
Nezrul wrote:

I thought the same thing when they removed auras but do they sell them now? the old auras from open beta? I haven't checked so idk.

Naw, you can't buy the beta auras.

The thing is PoE's particle effect optimization is really really bad, I can run other games just fine, and run this game great, as long as there's now a spew of effects on the screen, but something like discharge with all 3 charges drops me down to a few frames a second. What they really need is a particle effects slider to reduce this problem.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Or, you know, you could actually optimize the game instead of making a band aid fix for ONE skill. Almost every single effect in the game causes drops in greater quantity. And even if you don't have a spammy build, the environment and enemies can have more than enough. I don't even wanna know how ancient some codes are that ground effects, that are forced on almost any map these days, lag people like crazy.
"
Cocofang wrote:
Or, you know, you could actually optimize the game instead of making a band aid fix for ONE skill. Almost every single effect in the game causes drops in greater quantity. And even if you don't have a spammy build, the environment and enemies can have more than enough. I don't even wanna know how ancient some codes are that ground effects, that are forced on almost any map these days, lag people like crazy.
THIS.

how about making player attack speed half of now but twice as hard.
Half the monster pack size but twice as hard?
Last edited by Darkkrows on Aug 30, 2015, 3:08:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info