Please revert the Discharge change in the latest patch

bump
bump
"
Nezrul wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
The discharge change was/is great - way less framedrops & less eye cancer. I love the new version!

You have terrible taste then

"You are not allowed to disagree with me" - Nezrul
"
H4NS wrote:
"
Nezrul wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
The discharge change was/is great - way less framedrops & less eye cancer. I love the new version!

You have terrible taste then

"You are not allowed to disagree with me" - Nezrul

no more screenfreeze ?!

LoL

This was a big problem for a lot of players and was causing framedrops and disconnects.
Discharge's "stacking" effect was designed when discharge wasn't a thing you could spam, because you'd run out of charges. Trigger gems and more ways to gain charges meant we had to tone down the effects or give it a big cooldown to make it non-spammable again.

I think we all know the complaint threads would be a lot bigger if we'd taken the other route.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 26, 2015, 7:58:02 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This was a big problem for a lot of players and was causing framedrops and disconnects.
Discharge's "stacking" effect was designed when discharge wasn't a thing you could spam, because you'd run out of charges. Trigger gems and more ways to gain charges meant we had to tone down the effects or give it a big cooldown to make it non-spammable again.

I think we all know the complaint threads would be a lot bigger if we'd taken the other route.

Indeed A LOT of people would of quit lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Thank you for doing this, I no longer feel the need to say "No Discahrge builds" in groups. Now, if you could only tone down rain effects...
Le Toucan Will Return
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

I dont think soo.

Mjolner Discharge builds are overpowered anyways, youve guys have had to nerf Mjolner multiple times because of it, then you guys added in Kings Guard which just supplemented it and made the survivability of the build go out the roof.

When youre spinning and discharging multiple times per second youre still going to get the same result as a 3 stack effect going off once every time they fully charge.

Watch any Cyclone discharge build and you still get the same kinds of frame drops you would if someone was running an old school discharge build as a spell caster.

I mean cast on crit has this problem with all spells anyways.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Edit - DP
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 27, 2015, 9:04:34 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Well you ruined it, not only it looks and feels way worse visually but the user has less feedback of what's going on behind the scenes if he doesn't constantly look up to see the "charge buffs". My suggestion would be some sort of color combination in the discharge texture instead of making them overlap so we still get the same color changing effect because the way it's now it's just sad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info