[Tempest] The Immovable Object [ IW BM EK ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\\ The Immovable Object \\ Iron Will - Blood Magic - Ethereal Knives - Marauder \\

The basic knowledge and understanding of the build can and should be found here on this page. Any further questions or concerns can be posted here and I will try to answer them as best as I can.

This build centers around high life and high strength in order to sustain extreme health pools and still be able to deal damage in a 1-3 player setting. (Any more than 3 and you become the mob tank, which is still relevant.)

I have also run corrupted tempests and exile tempests up to map level 73 pulling LARGE packs of mobs and tanking them / kiting the 'dangerous' mobs in order to hit them with a tempest for someone else to kill / cull for large profit.

This build can solo level 73 maps with ease. I have been mapping with 1 other friend running a Iron Grip / Lioneye's version to this build and we have been doing 73's/74's since I was level 64 (when I was able to put on Doon Cuebiyari.) This is not necessary, but it does escalate the progression of the build quickly.

This build is for a first character to farm safely.

If any, or all of this, sounds interesting to you then read on. If you are interested in a glass cannon, this is not the build for you.

The Build

[Leveling Build] ~Level 45 Build (55 Points)
I leveled using cyclone mostly. You need a 'good' weapon but nothing amazing, maybe a buddy with some higher dps, and health. Lots and lots of health.

[Past Build] ~Level 60 Build (75 Points)
You continue getting health and resistances, eventually picking up Blood Magic if you didn't get it at around level 40. This is when you transition away from auras so you can sustain cost of skills without potions.

[Present Build] Level 80 Build (100 points)
Unwavering Stance Optional, I chose to opt out of it in favor of life regen for the time being.

[Future Build] Level 90 Build (110 Points)
Unwavering Stance becomes less optional once you get into 75+ Maps. This is when I will pick it back up to farm. I have taken the art of the gladiator for movespeed and Dex. Some of you will take these nodes in the middle of the duelist tree BEFORE shaper or Golem's Blood for the dex specifically, as well as perhaps the 30 Dex node on the way there while you are dex starved. Some of you will opt out of dex related Quality of Life things in the build. (See Gear)

Offense

These are my in town stats. I have no frenzy charges (from Blood Rage gem), no support from friends' auras or my own Vaal Haste up. Generall speaking with just hatred from a friend, Vaal Haste and 3 Frenzy charges I hit around 19-20k DPS while mapping consistently.

Vaal Haste can maintain high uptime because our clear speed in 73s with 2x 20k dps players and our survivability (to push into rooms full of mobs) works well.

Defense

These are my defensive stats in town, without Enduring Cry up (4 Charges max) as well as no defensive auras (not necessary). I also run two granite flasks, and a health flask with Iron Skin that I use LIBERALLY. My seething flask is only used for emergencies.

Gearing

You will want Strength on as many pieces as possible. There are resistances in the build to cover the resistances you are not getting from gear as well. As you can see I am well 'overcapped' in merc with very minimal effort on resistance gear.

These are the non-unique items that I use currently. Nothing here cost me more than 10c except I found the shield and crafted the sockets onto it. That may end up being one of the harder pieces to obtain with armor like that.

Armor gear is your bread and butter. I had the corrupted 5 Link laying around and It SORTA has the stats I need, so I am opting to wear it until I personally roll a Glorious Plate or buy a Kaom's for luxury. (I have around 9.7k Hp with Kaom's Heart on with my current setup)

I understand my Amulet has the godliest amount of DEX, which is why I made the comment about picking up the 30 node that I did not take as well as faster duelist +20 Dex node. Worst case scenario it is worth getting DEX on a ring or boots, but I did not myself.

I also use these uniq two items. They are NOT NECESSARY AT ALL. A glyphic wand with cast speed will cost you 5-7 Chaos and you well BARELY lose any dps. It's like a 10% DPS difference. I bought my Doon when it was still cheap for 6c and those gloves for 3c already corrupted.

I am also using a Clear Mind Jewel and two damage jewels (without life) with 39% Spell Damage and 8% Cast speed on them between two Jewels. They should not be very hard to obtain since they have no life.

Links and Flasks

Pretty Self explanatory. I hit 2-3-4 All the time. 1 is PANIC and 5 is for when shit looks dangerous before you even go in.

You always want to be missing charges in flask 2 so that it is refilling while you kill shit.
You should roll a flask with a LONG duration so your health fills slower so as not to shut off the flasks regen effect. 7k HP with 600 Regen plus 500-700 Regen from flask > 8k Full HP with 600 Regen. This rule only applies to clearing things out, not to heavy hitting bosses or mobs.

These are in my Doon. Everything else should be shown above.

If I had a Six Link set up I would either add Faster Casting or perhaps Chain / Fork for clearing Maps. I have tested removing Faster Proj in favor of Fork and it works well for farming lower zones (68 maps) that have large pack size or very cluttered maps (Sewer tileset etc).

I have THREE Cast When Damage Taken set ups. I do not need a set up for auras because I am blood magic. If you decide to opt OUT of blood magic you will net 10-15% dps but you will lose roughly 1.2k HP give or take. I don't believe this is worth it since the idea is to stay safe.

I use Enduring Cry liberally. Golem, Immo Cry, Molten Shell, Enfeeble, Blood Rage and Warlord's Mark go off when necessary. Make sure it is HARDER for your Enfeeble to go off than it is your Warlord's Mark. This way if you get hit soft you leech life back some, and if you get hit hard it just makes the mob that hit you softer and easier to tank.

The Bear Trap and Vaal Haste are your heavy DEX 'needers' You can run without them, Just replace Bear Trap with a different single target ability to your preference (I suggest a spell obviously since it has level 30 Iron Will. And Vaal Haste can be any Vaal gem that you prefer. I would not run two Vaal Gems.

Any comments or questions can be left here and I will answer them as soon as possible.

If I played more I would easily be level 82 as is needed for 1/3rd of a challenge.
Trust me when I say it would be the SAFEST level 82 you have ever leveled.

Stay tuned for changes and Q&A :)
Last edited by Awfeel on Aug 19, 2015, 12:28:56 AM
[Reserved]
Damn. I was actually planning on taking a break until the next league rolled around after RIPing on my last 4 lvl65-85 chars, but my hard-on for EK has been rekindled by this guide. DPS does seem kind of low, but I guess the tankiness might make up for it. I think I`ll give this build a try, but leaning towards a blood dance frenzy charge style.
"
unTop wrote:
Damn. I was actually planning on taking a break until the next league rolled around after RIPing on my last 4 lvl65-85 chars, but my hard-on for EK has been rekindled by this guide. DPS does seem kind of low, but I guess the tankiness might make up for it. I think I`ll give this build a try, but leaning towards a blood dance frenzy charge style.

Yeah I could easily dump life for damage at this rate. But I have already RIP'd 3 level 70-80 Ground Slam Mara's with 35k DPS and 5K life in tempest due to some stupid shit. So I designed this build to just farm and farm and farm and not die.

I do the 20 exile tempests in maps under 72 and fight 3-4 at a time usually no problem unless its like Igna + Demontamer + Orra + Vickas, (this happened once) never again. That shit was the ultimate battle for a solid 10 minutes of Flame Dash jukes and some fancy potion work.
Which cruel bandit reward did you choose?

What about using a Fluid Motion jewel to ease the DEX requirement from gear?
Oh shit that's a tanky build. And DPS should be quite decent considering how well Iron Will and EK work together.

But just pointing out : I'm pretty sure Iron Will from the Doon Cuebiyari does NOT benefit Bear Trap since it isn't a spell, it's a cast.
"
Vadler wrote:
Oh shit that's a tanky build. And DPS should be quite decent considering how well Iron Will and EK work together.

But just pointing out : I'm pretty sure Iron Will from the Doon Cuebiyari does NOT benefit Bear Trap since it isn't a spell, it's a cast.

Yeah you are probably right. The main reason I am using Doon is for the % Damage for strength.\
As I said in the guide I had considered changing it (bear trap) out for a spell.

"
Rockstopper wrote:
Which cruel bandit reward did you choose?

What about using a Fluid Motion jewel to ease the DEX requirement from gear?

I wouldn't, but that doesn't mean it isnt a Viable option. Brawn Jewels could also help but then INT may become a problem.]

Bandits were Health, Point, and Endurance Charge.
Last edited by Awfeel on Aug 19, 2015, 3:26:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info