[HC] Healthy Armored 1H/Shield Templar

Ok, after playing and dying 6 times with other HC characters, I started, and have been pretty successful with my current build @ Level 43:

Healthy Armored 1H/Shield Templar 50 Points

My future plans is to continue down this path of taking health and armor to keep me alive in HC league.

Healthy Armored 1H/Shield Templar 80 Points

I have been playing around using 1H Mace/Axe/Sword + whatever shield that can best protect me up to this point, with Lightning Strike (Faster Projectiles) and a Skelly Spell Totem buddy + Zombies. My gear is less than perfect, as I solo a lot and am sort of timid to trade (I have only found 3 ALCHs & 1 Unique Belt since starting the game in OB, I get horrible loot).

What, if any, suggestions does anyone have for me? Best skills? Equipment I should get? Anything would be appreciated.

Also I hope the info helps anyone trying to build around this idea.

(Here is the belt I found/use):
Last edited by lordroy on Feb 13, 2013, 7:56:39 AM
Well i like the 1hand + shield kind of builds... But i personally hate lightning strike... Id rather go Ground slam :P

But it really dont see the point of going so heavy for life notes if you are using spell totems and zombies...
In my head that just counters the whole idea of a 1hand+shield build..

I personally use 1hand mace atm and claw in off hand for the life on hit... Works great :D
IGN: @tagames
All that life will come in handy! I like the skell-totem, it's a good addition to keeping mobs busy while you tap them on the he's with your big stick. I think you should be careful becoming too dependent on minions, though. It might feel like your loot sucks now but you will get yours. Just keep goin!
"
TAgames wrote:
Well i like the 1hand + shield kind of builds... But i personally hate lightning strike... Id rather go Ground slam :P

But it really dont see the point of going so heavy for life notes if you are using spell totems and zombies...
In my head that just counters the whole idea of a 1hand+shield build..

I personally use 1hand mace atm and claw in off hand for the life on hit... Works great :D

"
chosk3 wrote:
All that life will come in handy! I like the skell-totem, it's a good addition to keeping mobs busy while you tap them on the he's with your big stick. I think you should be careful becoming too dependent on minions, though. It might feel like your loot sucks now but you will get yours. Just keep goin!

Lightning Strike w/faster projectiles is nice, gives me some range when I need it.

As chosk3 said, the skell-totem buddy & zombies are just to keep mobs busy, as I solo so much. Having a ton of health and armor is good, but not if you get surrounded. I have the skellies with duration and the zombies with extra health, makes for a nice little army, and since it is a spell totem (for the skellies) it just keeps pumping them out, from the backfield.

I will look at claws for the life on hit idea. Thanx.

Ya, the life will come in handy. Same idea Kripp has, just life+life+life to counter the big hits.

My loot def sux. I try to start more alts, just so I can get the better drops in normal difficulty.
It's not that there are better drops in normal, it's that you are likely out leveling the content as you get into cruel. There is a currency penalty for every +2 levels you get past an are, +1 for every 16 levels you gain. (This is from the mechanics thread, couldn't fine the exact quote though.) you still get the same amount of rare items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info