need Critique and advice for build. :)

Hey guys, i've been playing POE for about 2 months now. i've just been copying countless builds and even though they have been effective... i wanted to make my own. now what i'm making is a freeze pulse build.

the plan:

auras:
Herald of thunder
Herald of ice
Arctic armour
-25% unreserved mana

now this is problem one, mana sustain. i'm not sure what to do to be honest, i had a interesting idea of running poacher's mark for frenzy charges and some mana sustain, wondering what your guys's thoughts on that was? i'm sure that is going to work for aoe but single target i can still see some big issues with mana sustain.

problem # 2. (only like 30 levels in the build)

I've came to a point where i don't know what to do for the passive tree. I want to be armour based with enduring cry, arctic armour, and IC for nice mitigation. anyways the problem is not knowing what to pick up, if you guys could help me figure out a way to sustain mana and just some nice general pathing to some good nodes i would appreciate it. once again im new and just not sure where to branch out too from the tree.

The Tree:
Spoiler
http://poeurl.com/zvbV7pW
A low level clarity might help if you can support the mana (even just a lvl 3 or 4 clarity can make a difference).

Also, you mentioned enduring cry, which is great. Another option could be Rallying Cry since it provides mana regeneration.

Another option is Assassin's Mark (curse). It refunds mana on kill.

Honestly though you should be fine with mana potions. Mana potions aren't cutting it for you?

Whe you get some more points, make sure you get the Unrelenting notable for reduced mana costs on the passive tree. I have marked it here in this link

Last edited by SleepThieff on Aug 11, 2015, 1:47:07 AM
For mana i would just put in a mana leech gem. i know it takes a support slot, but the quality of life improvements are woth it imo.
It also allows you to use the Frostbite curse for improved damage and survival and as a bonus freeing up a support gem if you use the frost penetration gem.

Alternatively, as allready suggested, use a Clarity. Linking it with Blood Magic support will allow you to level it much higher.

If you look south in the skill tree, there are several shield block nodes, that will vastly improve your survival through armor and block chance. Freezing Pulse works best in melee range, so it might be a good idea to go with a shield. If you go with the shield block nodes, Iron Grip is probably worth getting aswell.

If you do not like wearing a shield, go east and just pick up any crit chance nodes available and go glass cannon.

Also try to find something with faster projectiles. it will greatly increase the damage of Freezing Pulse at a range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info