[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
chance1238866 wrote:
Hi, currently @ lvl45
Does the Temporal chain nerf in 2.0.2 has any impact on this build?
Should I still go for Avatar of Fire without a heavy CC?

The tchains/chill nerf only minorly impacts the build - but does mean that curses such as flammability and warlord's mark are more viable.

Avatar of Fire is definitely still the way to go.

"
DotsandDashes wrote:
so im in the middle of getting decent ES gear to make the change to CI. i have an infernal Mantle, i was thinking of using it until i can find/afford a higher ES chest, but does the 25% of fire damage converted to chaos damage stat actually conflict with avatar of fire? would i flat out lose 25% damage because "you deal no non fire damage"

Yes, I am fairly sure that you will deal 25% less damage with Infernal Mantle, as 25% of your fire damage will be converted to chaos damage which is then nullified by Avatar of Fire.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
If I use a chav would anything change on the tree or sell the shav to afford the other pieces. Any advise appriciated.
any tweaks to tree or suggestions if i wanted to run this in hardcore?
Hey Baalor, really want to thank you for the build and your guide! Just did my first normal Atziri Run ever and worked great with my low budget gear! Keep up the good work
"
roetetoet wrote:
If I use a chav would anything change on the tree or sell the shav to afford the other pieces. Any advise appriciated.

If you have a shavs you can use, it would let you drop CI, obviously, thus freeing up 4 points, which you would use to grab Pain Attunement, and have 3 points to spend whereever you want. Plus the two extra auras shavs lets you put on your life is really nice.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
"
Based_Nito wrote:
"
roetetoet wrote:

If you have a shavs you can use, it would let you drop CI, obviously, thus freeing up 4 points, which you would use to grab Pain Attunement, and have 3 points to spend whereever you want. Plus the two extra auras shavs lets you put on your life is really nice.

Cool, i was thinking that just not completely sure as i never used a shav before. Thank you :)
You wrote "Since we have Alchemist, our flasks have 28% more effect and last 14% longer"

But it is 30% effect and 12% duration
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
You wrote "Since we have Alchemist, our flasks have 28% more effect and last 14% longer"

But it is 30% effect and 12% duration

Oops, I can't math.

Thanks!
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
I'm running this build with Shav's. Not sure if it's better or not though? On one hand I run 5 auras plus pain attunement but on the other hand you lose ES compared to a 800-900 ES chest.

Its easier to reach max res as well as Shav's gives good lightning resist and PoF gives you the fire res. It meant I didn't need to help Kraityn for the 8% extra res and gave me another skill point.

It seems cheaper to buy a non 6 link shavs now than some of the high end ES helm, boots and glvoes etc.
IGN: Munkehboi
Thanks for the build Baalor. You inspired me to level up a Scion and give it a try instead of pushing my Witch any further. I adopted the same build I had (2x Perandus, Astramentis, Doryani's cold belt, Vertex, Asenath's, Sin Trek and a rare robe that I straight swapped because I got lucky on having cold resist roll on it).

I'm at 83 now and my Witch was at 88. So far, I've far surpassed both damage and my survivability is on par. I also leveled without having to respec the tree, though I did go for a cold variant with more freeze as I found yours to be very poor on the CC front, but with the power of WI, once you hit 33, I really don't think you need a leveling variant on the tree. Cold may not output the same damage, but for clearing, it means you can run a lot lighter on defense. I also took the node on the second bandits just so I could play with the tree a bit more.

I'm not even needing to use Clarity for mana, my res is capped and only had to use one jewel to do it (won't even need it if I go with rare gloves) and didn't even need to take Faith and Steel. My Int is 1600+ and I've still got a fair bit of nodes I can nab.

I don't think I'm going to take US and rely more on Practical Application instead. I may take Heart of Oak as I've pressed down into that area to nab all the Dex to convert to Int. US seems just too costly and I think I can play around the stun locks (or try to till they infuriate me enough to not be so stubborn).

Honestly, I think Scion is in a way better spot to run WI. I had a super hard time with my Witch capping res without losing dps. Every jewel needed 10 all res and in some cases more. I even needed fire res on my armor. But with Scion, I rolled it off for more ES :) I would encourage anyone running a Witch to switch. Even my mana regen is in a way better place with far less effort and nodes.

I was lucky to get my WI staff before they ballooned in price. Nabbed it for 5 ex, now I see most are ~12 for a good one. Yikes!

Edit: Been experimenting with Doedre's Tenure (got a gg for 1c) and since I run faster casting, I don't even notice the 20% casting speed drop. The damage is insane. 50% to spell damage and I can now cast any curse I want. Been playing with Poacher's Mark to get that speed loss back (and it gives me n additional 12% boost to damage with the frenzy charges) but I'm still thinking Frostbite is the way to go.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Sep 1, 2015, 8:10:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info