Tornado Shot 2.0

So I'm a bit confused about the state of Tornado Shot. It was my understanding that 2.0 eliminated shot gunning of skills.  Shot gunning being defined as taking damage  from multiple projectiles originating from the same skill. But someone said that TS works the same as it always did. So what exactly is going on with it?

The first shot pierces until it reaches the target location then explodes.  Can those arrows from the explosion hit the same target (shotgun right?)?

What about with GMP and LMP? Can the first arrows hit the same target? What about  the increased storm of arrows? Can the secondary arrows all have a chance to hit the same target? Or just the arrows from their own respective explosions?
Ok, dps. The dps from TS on the  tool tip always looks low.  Is the tool tip showing  the damage for one arrow and the actual total damage is a guess because you don't know how many arrows are going to hit any given target? Is the dps for the first piercing shot and the secondary arrows each what is shown in the tool tip or some kind of sum of first and secondary arrows?

Could there possibly be anymore questions to ask about this skill?
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
"
But someone said that TS works the same as it always did. So what exactly is going on with it?

Yes, it never shotgunned so nothing changed, multiple arrows you directly fire from your bow couldn't hit the same target. However, once the secondary effect comes into play that's a different story, you can observe the same on ice shot or LA. It was often called 'indirect shotgunning' back then, to underline the difference between that and what spells could do, but it's technically not shotgunning.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
So I'm a bit confused about the state of Tornado Shot. It was my understanding that 2.0 eliminated shot gunning of skills.  Shot gunning being defined as taking damage  from multiple projectiles originating from the same skill. But someone said that TS works the same as it always did. So what exactly is going on with it?

The shotgunning being talked about with respect to the 2.0 changes is defined as multiple projectiles fired from the same source at the same time damaging the same target. Attacks could never do this. Spells could do this pre-2.0, now they can't.

Tornado Shot, being an attack, was not affected by the 2.0 shotgunning changes. However, its shotgunning is very different, because the secondary projectiles are not fired at the same time as the primary projectile(s), and because each explosion of a primary projectile is considered a different projectile source. Thus, it has always been the case (and continues to be the case) that a single mob can be hit by, at a theoretical maximum, one primary projectile, plus one secondary projectile per primary projectile. A GMP TS can hit a single target up 6 times per attack.

"
Ok, dps. The dps from TS on the  tool tip always looks low.  Is the tool tip showing  the damage for one arrow and the actual total damage is a guess because you don't know how many arrows are going to hit any given target?
Yes. Tooltip DPS always assumes only one projectile (or whatever) is hitting, and only once, per attack. Your real DPS is much higher.

I hope that's clear.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Clear as a donut.

Spoiler
A teacher asks her class, can anyone tell me what the definition of the word clear is. Johnny raises his hand and says, something that you can see through. The teacher says, very good Johnny. Now can you give me an example of something that is clear? Johnny says, a donut.

Since I am still about four hundred miles from my computer...

So if you use ice shot with pierce will the cold cone explode on the pierced shots or just the last one?
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
All of them.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info