Passive Tlent tree

When i first time see POE i was amazed about the talent tree. My first thoughts was "this is for me". I really like games where are lot of different options and you can make your own character unique and fit your play style. I like to test and check different play styles, try to combine my very own. But then i discovered the truth, resetting skill tree isnt part of this game. Why is it so damn expensive, why its so bad when players reset their skill trees and try again and again new ones. Why its so bad in this game dev team eyes. Why cant be there a reasonable price, 1 chaos or 2.
Why even have an enormous elaborate skill tree if you could just change it on a whim? Your "build" would be meaningless because you could be whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted. Not to mention, there would be zero reason to ever have more than one of any class, and unlike many MMOs and other online games the leveling process in PoE is part of the experience and not just a means to an end. Respecs would make that process a big waste.

Learn to enjoy failing and learning from it. You'll find your successes much more rewarding.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Right, it's about investment, devs want you to invest yourself in your chars, plan carefully and suffer the consequences. Minor mistakes are affordable to fix, but you should restart your char if you buried it up to its ears.

Not many popular games in the genre allow for easy full respec, TL2 allows only respeccing of last couple of skill points spent and in D2 or Sacred you couldn't respec anything short of modding the game or using a char editor.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
You get 24 character slots on an account. I had to even buy more because I don't want to delete old ones. Every time the tree changes (like every big patch), you get a skill reset and can make whatever experimental build you want to try. So my advice is to make several characters and then when they get reset, you can be like a kid in a candy store looking wide-eyed at all the possibilities.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Aug 8, 2015, 4:07:54 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
You get 24 character slots on an account. I had to even buy more because I don't want to delete old ones. Every time the tree changes (like every big patch), you get a skill reset and can make whatever experimental build you want to try. So my advice is to make several characters and then when they get reset, you can be like a kid in a candy store looking wide-eyed at all the possibilities.

Yeah, it seems the only way. But im not such of gamer, i like to take one char and continue to improve it. Atm i have 2 chars, ranger and witch, ranger build is messed up so its just stand and waits another reset. When i see that the build is getting boring i just stop playing and wait reset. In my opinion the passive tree in this game is made perfectly its amazing but sadly players cant enjoy it. It gives chance to discover new intresting builds and playstyles, you can play and test different things in months. Next time when i set passives i just go to forum and take the cookie from there, its the only way to get decent build.
"
veixc wrote:
Next time when i set passives i just go to forum and take the cookie from there, its the only way to get decent build.

Of course it isn't, I made three or four hybrid summoners before I got one that clicked. You don't have to wait until level 90 to see if something will work or not, it's usually clear enough at 60-70 stretch if it has potential or not, and sometimes even before.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info