looking for a build, that's fun to level with

looking for great ideas.

can you guys suggest the most fun character you leveled through normal content, in 2.0 ?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I picked up four static electricity jewels and made a ranger that stacked dex for lightning damage.
Got as much flat ele damage from gear and herald/aura.
Used Storm Cloud
Split Arrow -> WED -> added lightning -> added cold

Some of the most fun I've ever had levelling. I love the experience of becoming that much stronger with every level as you sink another dex node in.

Go for the jewel right above the ranger first, move right to the shadow and ranger jewel sockets, then run through the evasion cluster to get the duelist one.

Here's the skeleton build. Add the defenses that you feel are appropriate https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIABfkPqxXwFr8ZihvIJIs2PV-wbWxvnoMJhMWVzJcGm7Wv67VIwzrEospKz93n6u0_8Yr5M_lj

I also though about doing a build like this with pillar and attackspeed, but it's a bit harder to make work.
"
Through normal? Far too many to count. You can do just about anything through normal, especially with twink gear.

Through normal as in not-maps? I really enjoy the high duration facebreaker dominating blow templar I made. Nothing says 'durability' and 'damage' like being one target out of 60, all of them trying to kill your enemies.

Wild Strike is pretty nuts, but only kicks in at level 28. Frost Blades is my go-to for races: safe as houses, decent damage.

Currently enjoying flame dash/flame surge blood magic Marauder though. Stylish stuff, and purely 2.0-centric.

yes, normal = not maps.
probably not including Act 4 Merciless which is pretty much map-difficulty.

thanks for the great suggestions, Charan.
out of what you listed, I can't try out Dominating Blow (frame-rate), and already have a Flame Surge character (with Discharge. awesome stuff), and a super-fast Frost Blades DW Duelist.
also, a Facebreaker Ice Crash Marauder that's pretty end-game viable (mostly due to Legacy Gear).

Wild Strike? hmm I tried it with the old Reave Shadow, and it looks very fun if you can maximize its potential.
might give it a go. thanks man!

@Legendracula, Storm Cloud elemental Ranger? nice!
I never knew you could actually take it to Merciless, because the base damage seems a bit low and too hard to scale.
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 8, 2015, 8:49:39 AM
how about a blue-gear character, using http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hidden_Potential ?
could be all blue except some low-tier unique weapon like Storm Cloud or Wildslash, or Abberath's Horn...

and depending on weapon choice, skill would be Split Arrow, Wild Strike, or Fireball.
<Update>

leveling a Witch, with Flame Totem + Magma Orb + two great wands:

the character isn't self-found. primarily because at some point I will need to obtain the Hidden Potential Jewel, and switch to high quality blue gear.
then I'll be able to do a Fireball Railgun, like Charan suggested.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info