What bosses can you not do?

"
Flapdrol wrote:
1) Clear the map all the way to the boss, put a TP down (works only in maps), log off
2) Bring in a specially designed Cast on Death toon (modified from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/770195)
3) take the TP, run up to the boss. BOOM!
4) Repeat if necessary (for tough or multistage bosses) until boss is dead
5) Log off, bring back the main toon and gather the loot.

1-Yes
2-Sort of. I use a build to avoid one shot mechanics and/or "fireworks" spamming, while still doing decent damage.
3-No boom for me, but occasional deaths nonetheless.
4-Yes
5-No, I use the same toon to pick up loot since I almost always go with an empty inventory or just a stack of

if I know I can't take everything my item filter has shown me.

EDIT: Forgot about the actual topic!

"All the new maps" (don't have them, slowly eating away at my legacy maps)
(too chicken for it)
(too chicken for it)
Lvl 81 or above (too chicken to try legacy versions of them with for example extra 100% fire damage and 2.0 damage changes or don't have them)
Uber Atziri (don't have it and more importantly too chicken for it)
AFAIK I've done all other bosses.
The countless times I mistook my MTX pet for prey... huehehehe
Last edited by Quintovir on Aug 7, 2015, 4:52:02 PM
i can do village ruin, but its too risky. not worth it so i purposely will skip it.

my explosive arrow build cannot kill labryinth boss, the one that regens off all the damn devourers. single target is lacking for EA (really rely on overlapping explosions from surrounding enemies).

my PA build can kill everything i've tried, though i haven't tried the new high level maps since im not rich enough to buy them or lucky enough for them to drop.

for the longest time as full evasive defense builds for years i always dreaded jungle valley (esp double boss) and ghetto. i could do them, but really had to pay attention and mirco-manage everything. again just not worth the risk

edit: oooo death and taxes. i've yet to attempt it also, too scared. i think my PA build could clear it tho.

oh one other thing. with 2.0 patch i will just not be attempting poorjoy's. no way
Last edited by xMustard on Aug 7, 2015, 7:43:55 PM
I have killed pretty much every boss I have seen yet. That is, everything up to 78, plus Atziri. Cannot do Atziri deathless though (yet?).

Also impossible was a Village Ruin I was invited to with:

+100% fire damage
+100% cold damage
+100% lightning damage
Monsters poison on hit
-15% max player resistances
Players have no life or mana regen
Area has patches of desecrated ground

Death and Taxes is hard, but doable. Takes a while and you have to know the mechanics.

Wahahaku Tanaku or whatever that Strand map is called is just incredibly annoying. Proximity shield, runs away, teleports AND leaves chilled ground.

Would like to try the others, but cannot because RNG-blocked.

Thinking about linking Vaal IC to increased duration to do some of the bosses (might work rather well with 8 endurance charges).

EDIT: What is wrong with the new Poorjoys?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Aug 7, 2015, 7:52:22 PM
"
AntonChigur wrote:
Malformation is just retarded

Village Ruin, I can but it's too risky.

Labyrinth boss, just can't with my PA build.

I'm sure I can't do the 80+ bosses too on the new maps that I can't get.

That's about it I think.

yea malformation is so bad, piety move and when she have a wall behind her you need to use movement skill for not get it by is laser but you have like 0.1sec and when you use Flame dash with no cast speed because your buidl dont use cast speed its so bad you have high chance to ge thit by the laser and die...

Double boss is not even possible, unless maybe in perma league with legacy stuff, or a really tanky aegis aurora buidl...

At least the room should be bigger, imagine at 5,6 how you even want to do her

Lot of ppl say Village ruin boss enrage when you kill one of them, but what its do in fact ? when you kill the dog the other boss have more dmg ? how much? atk speed ? move speed ?
thx
Last edited by Dazoul on Aug 8, 2015, 2:56:33 AM
I'm assuming you mean "can't do without dying," because I CAN do almost every boss but there's a high chance many of them will kill me.

I can't do Malformation Piety, Palace Dominus, Village Ruin bosses, and almost certainly can't do Core Malachai, or uber Daresso/Koam (although I've never had a chance to try them). Unsure about new Shrine Piety, although I can take her easily in legacy Shrines. I've never tried the end of Merciless Act 4, so who knows about all of that, and one attempt at non-uber Atziri ended in disaster. I did take out the Death and Taxes boss once, but it was insanely tough and I never want to do that again (that was also in 1.3).

Since I can do Residence Dominus easily, perhaps Palace wouldn't be too bad (it's his first form that's the tough one, after all). I'll try some more bosses once I've leveled, and I've heard Atziri is doable once you've got her mechanics down!
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Aug 8, 2015, 3:32:58 AM
Malformation boss, and even if I could I wouldn't bother. The fight is so poorly designed I can barely wrap my head around it. I play solo, but how would a party even fit in that oubliette? Torture Chamber boss has a cool down on its laser and cover; Piety is playing the old Spin2WIn game with maybe 3 second intervals where she spawns giant obscuring movement speed sucking balls of suck.

Then you have a never ending spawngasm of eyeballs and the mounds on the ground underneath all the other crap that you can't walk over so you wheel about drunkenly trying to run around the boss, wishing you could attack something for more than .2 seconds between getting instantly raped.

If any part of that were adjusted slightly it would still be a horrible boss design but doable.

Other than that, I can't do Atziri. Theoretically I can, especially now that my build has been changed to be about 70% better, but I've stopped caring. I've beaten every boss Fromsoftware has sent my way since Demon's Souls, DLC and all, but I don't think I'll be beating Atziri any time soon with a mouse and keyboard. Since even with 20/20 warp, cast speed, less duration I can't dodge well enough to avoid the damage, and I can't just tank it quite yet (if ever) I have put it on hold.

Village Ruin I did once thanks to Zana because I do hard rare maps constantly and haven't gotten more than like 2 lv76 maps since 2.0.

It was really easy for the most part. I dragged the bird out and almost killed it, the went in and almost killed the dog. It about killed me with bleed I wasn't expecting and then it did one shot me before it died. I went back and killed it then went out and killed the bird.

I was expecting the bird to hit hard after killing the dog and not the dog to one shot me through all my armor health and es. Especially since it hadn't been doing much damage to me before that hit aside from the bleed.

I'm currently lv93 and have like 44% phys, capped element res, 48% chaos res. I have 4399hp and 1800ish es. I use Determination, AA and Clarity. I was using Herald of Ice/Thunder but upped my damage with jewels and Rallying Cry so much I could drop them both and do about the same damage.

I clear rare maps with most mods with ease and pretty quickly apart from the bosses I mentioned. I haven't gotten a Death and Taxes in 2.0 yet but I could run them easily before other than always dying one time on the ice phase. But never the last one for some reason.

I use Glacial Cascade, Rallying Cry, Ice Nova, Warp, and Chaos Golem.
Last edited by RubySydell on Aug 8, 2015, 6:32:28 AM
I think it's funny we have a 76 map boss now harder then any of the 3 atziri encounters.
"
Miská wrote:
I think it's funny we have a 76 map boss now harder then any of the 3 atziri encounters.

Its not new lot of boss in high lvl map area easy as fuck like shypiard boss, arsenal boss some boss in really low lvl map are really harder.
Their is some serious balance issues... shyppiard boss is weak as fuck since forever he should be buff he should do at least the same dmg as crema boss, same for arsenal

Befor 2.0 all map boss was easyer than all boss in atziri map imo
"
Dazoul wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Its not new lot of boss in high lvl map area easy as fuck like shypiard boss, arsenal boss some boss in really low lvl map are really harder.
Their is some serious balance issues... shyppiard boss is weak as fuck since forever he should be buff he should do at least the same dmg as crema boss, same for arsenal

Befor 2.0 all map boss was easyer than all boss in atziri map imo

Boss balance is definitely off in some cases, but as a matter of principle I like a range of boss difficulties by map level tier. It means players can run a certain level of maps and still take on half the bosses, while the more skilled players get the bonuses from being able to take on all bosses at that level. So it's not inherently bad that a level 76 boss is quite hard relative to even 80+ maps, it just means players have to learn more about each map in order to determine what they can and cannot do. Malformation Piety might actually be TOO much, but in theory its alright for her to be tough.

Desert map boss is OP, though.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Arsenal map was low lvl befor 2.0 maybe 68, its look they up the lvl of the map but forget to buff the boss XD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info