Reserving 100% Mana

Thanks to EB and "+x Energy Shield Gained For Each Enemy Hit By Your Attacks" mod on jewels, I can safely reserve 100% of my mana. Except I can't. Reserving 50% uses 242 mana, leaving me with 241. Since I'm starting with an odd number of mana, and the game rounds instead of reserving 50% and showing the rounded number, is there a workaround to this?
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
No workaround. You need to do the math so aura reserved mana x reserved modifiers (from talents / gear) = x% rounded up. So if you use several aura's its not always enough to have an even number. Anyways. Its easy if you don't use enlighten / aura talents etc. Just hit an even number =)
Thanks for answering! I should have clarified that I'm not running anything to reduce mana reserved. It just bugs me that I can't run 3 auras (25%, 25%, 50%) because I'm one mana short of having 100%

...?
"
Peace_Frog wrote:
Thanks for answering! I should have clarified that I'm not running anything to reduce mana reserved. It just bugs me that I can't run 3 auras (25%, 25%, 50%) because I'm one mana short of having 100%

...?

Just get like 3-5 more Intelligence (which gives you mana), so that you end up on an even number.
IGN: Kyrell
That's odd. A while back (1.2.0) GGG put in a mechanic that was intended to tally your relative Reserves and apply them as one relative value, thus allowing 100% Reservation under all circumstances. Excerpt from a longer post:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Under the new system in 1.2.0, casting the 60% aura doesn't calculate what 60% would be as an integer amount - instead it sees you have 40% already reserved, looks at how much that is as an integer amount, and knows if both were active you'd have a total of 100% reserved, and works out what that would be as an integer amount (i.e. your maximum mana). It then takes the difference between the two, and that's how much available mana will be required for the 60% aura.
This will mean you can always run auras that total 100% of your mana, regardless of the rounding[..]

Did this system break with 2.0?
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 4, 2015, 6:48:01 AM
It does seem like it. I was able to reserve 100% mana just a few days ago. I believe it was working before the Gore Skull/Stygian Spectre patch, and wasn't working after that. But that patch did change my mana to an odd number.

Really hoping this works soon!
This still happens!!!
so random to be able to reserve and not depending if you have odd or even mana...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info