Added Chaos Damage

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2021, 3:42:43 PM
Degeneration isn't increased by damage increasing stats - I agree that it should be, but I've been told a few times that it's not easy to do, and doesn't make sense from a stat standpoint. I'll keep pushing for it! :P
Balance & Design
"
aurisacra wrote:
There was a discussion in global the other night suggesting that +Added Chaos dmg was affected by +spell dmg passives (but not +elemental).

I forget who it was, but they stated that they were clearly getting +spell damage bonuses to the overall damage of their Ice Spear (I think) with Chaos Support.
Well, yes, because Ice Spear is a spell. That won't happen if you use this support on an attack.
Spell damage increases the damage done by spells, so if you use the chaos damage support on a spell then the chaos damage is spell damage and will be affected by increases to spell damage.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
Balance & Design
Balance & Design
Whoops, caught in a time loop :S

Nerf Temporal Chains!
Balance & Design
"
lpsusi wrote:
eg. you put a chaos gem to elementalhit skill and use it with a bow. is the chaos damage then effected by a passive node like "6% increased projectile damage"?
Yes. That's chaos damage dealt by a projectile, so it's affected by projectile damage increases.
"
Psomm wrote:
I do not see this gem (added chaos damage) increase from "Projectile Damage %".

My character has almost all the Projectile damage nodes. I see the increases on elemental and physical in the tooltip on the skillbar, but chaos shows only base.

So this skill gem is not benefiting from Projectile Damage increases.
I will investigate. Projectile damage increases should increase all damage dealt by projectiles (hence the name).
What skill are you supporting with it, and if that skill is an attack, what weapon are you using?

I am unable to replicate this myself - Increased projectile damage passives are definitely increasing the chaos damage this gem adds to both projectile spell skills (Fireball) and projectile attacks (Frenzy, wielding a wand or bow).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on May 25, 2012, 1:35:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info