Best Jewels for Facebreaker

I'm having a hard time figuring out which jewel rolls would be best for DPS on my icecrash facebreaker build.

Should I focus on % melee dmg, % phys dmg, % dmg, or % area dmg? Should I be looking for % cold dmg (because of icecrash and hatred) or % fire dmg (since I run HoA as well) on top of those first 4 rolls? I know % attack speed is always nice, but should I really be concerned with it as much as the other rolls I could get?

This is my first facebreaker build, so I'm still getting used to it. I realize I am being vague with my build, and which rolls I want could all depend on the specifics of it, but if someone happens to know in which order I should prioritize dmg rolls, I would be super happy. If I had the currency to effectively test this all myself, I would, but I don't.
Something like this would be groovy

"
4% increased Attack Speed while holding a Shield
10% increased Melee Damage
13% increased Melee Physical Damage while holding a Shield

Also block chance, life, leech and generic attack speed or damage bonuses, but those are lower.

Which rolls to prioritize depends on how much increased damage and attack speed you got, if you have little attack speed prioritize that, if not, go for damage.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 3, 2015, 6:05:21 PM
So I did some preliminary testing with what jewels I am using now.

My tooltip is showing that these two jewels are giving the same exact dps boost. This is without running HoA, but I am using added fire dmg on my icecrash, so shouldn't the increased fire dmg be added to that as well? With HoA running, the fire dmg adds ~100 dps. I know the increased area dmg doesn't actually show on the tooltip, but from what I've gathered, the 8% increased dmg isn't doing anything at all. Am I just missing something?

So all of that aside, it seems like increased cold dmg and increased fire dmg don't give me nearly the same dps boost as % phys dmg or will. I realized this already, but I didn't actually know how much of a difference it was.

So now that I know that, I guess I just need to figure out which of the other rolls to prioritize, between phys dmg and melee dmg. I'm not entirely sure how increased area dmg affects my dps, since it doesn't show on the tooltip, and I can't figure out why the 8% increased dmg mod doesn't seem to be doing anything for me.
Last edited by GrizzlyMint on Aug 3, 2015, 6:24:31 PM
In my opinion the perfect FB rare jewel is :

Crimson jewel
prefixes
16% increased Physical Damage
7% increased maximum Life

suffixes
12% increased Area Damage
12% increased Melee Damage
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info