New currency item idea

Hi!

I d like to say, that if this idea already exists, then im sorry to make a duplicate of that thread, i wasnt checking every thread in the feedback and suggestions topic. But if it isnt, then i have an idea, that i think many would like.
Im sure lots of people found items that were potencially awesome, but a single lowest tier and/or useless property ruined it. My idea of a new orb, is basically similar to scouring orbs, only this would remove only 1 random property of the item it is applied to, so there would be a chance, to 'clense' the item from the useless property, so you can craft another one on it or something. of course since it would remove a random property, it might ruin the item even more. It could be as rare as scouring orbs, or vaal orbs, and you could apply them to rare and magic items.
(it would be even cooler if you could apply them to unique items, but i can see that, it would couse lots of balancing issues, so that s why i wasnt suggesting it in the first place)

I hope you like the idea, and if GGG sees this thread, they do too. Cheers :)
Last edited by Fracture333 on Aug 3, 2015, 12:34:57 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
while i do like the concept

this will proably not be the easiest to implement.

i can forsee allot of possible problems with the master mods
(realy depends on how things are coded)

there will also probably be some economy issues with depending on how the crafting scene changes with this.

am betting GGG already tought of this idea. as it's a pretty obvious.
and they either didn't like it, found it to be lower priority or to much of a hassle to implement because of issue's for what you can get out of it.

only Christ Wilson knows wich it is
I like the idea as well. Should be possible to code, but should only be possible to apply it to non-crafted magic and rare items.

The weird thing would be, you could generate 2-line or even 1-line rare items with that. Hopefully not 0-line ones ;).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Fracture333 wrote:
Hi!

I d like to say, that if this idea already exists, then im sorry to make a duplicate of that thread, i wasnt checking every thread in the feedback and suggestions topic. But if it isnt, then i have an idea, that i think many would like.
Im sure lots of people found items that were potencially awesome, but a single lowest tier and/or useless property ruined it. My idea of a new orb, is basically similar to scouring orbs, only this would remove only 1 random property of the item it is applied to, so there would be a chance, to 'clense' the item from the useless property, so you can craft another one on it or something. of course since it would remove a random property, it might ruin the item even more. It could be as rare as scouring orbs, or vaal orbs, and you could apply them to rare and magic items.
(it would be even cooler if you could apply them to unique items, but i can see that, it would couse lots of balancing issues, so that s why i wasnt suggesting it in the first place)

I think Scouring Orbs should just do this instead of their current function, no need to make an actual new currency. Scourings are pretty near useless in this game, and the very few uses they do have could still be done with 1-affix-per-use removal (would just need more Scourings).
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Fracture333 wrote:
Hi!

I think Scouring Orbs should just do this instead of their current function, no need to make an actual new currency. Scourings are pretty near useless in this game, and the very few uses they do have could still be done with 1-affix-per-use removal (would just need more Scourings).

yeah, that s a good idea.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info