FPS Drop (spikes) with good computer specs.

Hello.
I have new PC and I have problem with FPS in PoE
It looks like this:

I have ~160 FPS all the time but sometimes(or OFTEN) I have drop to 0-2 FPS for a small part of second... And it happen wherever I am (HO, cities, instances)
It's really annoying, specially when I play on Tempest League and dangerous(R.I.S[*]) :c
Last edited by DafegoN on Aug 3, 2015, 9:08:06 AM
This is my spec:
Windows 8.1 x64
4GB RAM 1600MHz
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Geforce GTX 950M (4GB)
Intel i7 4720HQ 2.60 GHz
DirectX 11
and all drivers are updated

Things I done and doesnt help me:
-Run as admin
-set low graphics(texture_quality=4)
-this thing:

-changing to lockstep
-changing servers

Thank you if u help me or if u try . . .

PS. Should I try RAMdisk? ;x
Last edited by DafegoN on Aug 3, 2015, 9:31:57 AM
What is your monitor refresh rate set at?

If it is 60Hz, then why are you trying to get 167FPS out of it? That's doing a LOT of un-necessary work for no benefit.

I recommend trying to set up a frame limiter that can match the refresh rate of your monitor. If your monitor is 60Hz, then set the frame limit to 60FPS.

There are guides you can find on Google for how to set a frame limiter for just about any card. You'll want one for Nvidia specifically.

My refresh rate is 60Hz.
Didn't think about it. Thanks, I will try this frame limiter, maybe it can help. I don't really need more than 60 FPS, because human eye is avaiable to see 60 max :D
Thx, I will try this and I'll let know if it helps or not.
Last edited by DafegoN on Aug 3, 2015, 2:01:20 PM
"
DafegoN wrote:

My refresh rate is 60Hz.
Didn't think about it. Thanks, I will try this frame limiter, maybe it can help. I don't really need more than 60 FPS, because human eye is avaiable to see 60 max :D
Thx, I will try this and I'll let know if it helps or not.

That the eye only can see 60 fps is a myth. On the other hand if your monitor only supports 60hz it is kind of pointless to sending it more than 60 fps since that will only result in tearing.
Personal feedback thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1345148

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info