Performance Issues GTX 970 Please Help

I have a i5 4690k @ 4.5ghz with a 970, and I only get disrupting lag when running with lots of spectres, even COC is bearable (40fps?)

I have medium antialiasing, everything else at max and vsync on
Ramdisk is faster than SSD. Also super easy to set up. Well worth the effort. https://www.softperfect.com/products/ramdisk/

When I said new is not always best, I was talking strictly graphics drivers.

Try the newest motherboard drivers, especially since things are pointing towards a CPU bottleneck.

<3 Free Tibet <3
"
m1nx wrote:
I have same problems with gtx 970, this game is poorly optimized, you can do nothing

^ this, forget everything else
I am using i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz, radeon 280x, 8gb ram etc etc
I haven't logged into PoE for over 6-7 months and back then when I was playing, I had i3 and 650Ti Boost and game worked fine. Well, it had occasional stutters but nothing like this.

Now, I enter my HO, just stand there and look at the graphs at the top and my fps goes from 22 to 200+ and I am not doing anything at all. If I enable Vsync then it does the same but the top fps goes to ~70ish (thou it should stay at 60-61max). When I play the game it stutters a lot, it's a pain to look at and play. This is with this new lockstep.
I'll have to try the "old" method and see if it's any better, not that I want to go back to playing desynced game.

PS. YEs, I tried FPS limiter (riva tuner and dxtory one) just makes things worse but in a different way, so nwm.

weird thing is that I am able to play The witcher 3 almost maxed out (no hairworks ofc) at 50-60fps...
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Aug 6, 2015, 9:44:54 PM
Well I've sent in an email to support and I'll update the thread with anything of help I get there.
i <3 minesweeper
Update- Nothing of help from support during our few emails, mostly just asking me to do things I have already tried.

For GTX users, one thing I have found that's maybe a little help is in nvidia control panel I have set this particular program to use "adaptive" vertical sync with triple buffering ON while having vsync OFF in path of exile settings (i believe this will not matter though since nvidia control panel will override it).

I am using a 60 refresh rate monitor and this seems to make the game run slightly better. It's worth trying anyways if you're in the same boat I am.
i <3 minesweeper
maybe its dead thread,but i want to up it. I got new gtx970 and new 144hz monitor several days ago. First thought problems as thread owner says, can be monitor related, but other games run as it must be, even testing PoE with old monitor gives me about 40-50 fps at town, whereas with my gtx770 i was playing @60fps with no problem. And at 144hz monitor i can get high fps, but problem is when i move character, everything becomes like doubled and put almost same place as object was, making strange effect, that i cannot express here. What is current solution to do now ? only uninstalling geforece experince?
You might want to create your own thread rather than reviving someone else's, but are you experiencing movement blurring?

It's a fairly common thing with higher refresh rate monitors (or televisions).
Yes, exactly. I googled a bit, and found software that makes use of strobe backlight feature on my monitor. With that software, no motion blur at all. From here it comes that my problem was finding right word to google it. (English is not my native language) . Thank you for reply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info