Latency went up after switching to Windows 10

On windows 7 pro I would have between 20-30 latency connected to the Washington, D.C. server, but now once I upgraded to windows 10 I get between 50-60 on the D.C. server.

Is there a setting I have to change or something?
"
Cyprix wrote:
On windows 7 pro I would have between 20-30 latency connected to the Washington, D.C. server, but now once I upgraded to windows 10 I get between 50-60 on the D.C. server.

Did you create a local account in Windows 10? By default it sends all the stuff you are doing to Microsoft and it may take some bandwidth.

How to create a local account:
http://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-local-account-windows-10/
Just tried it on the local account and still 50-60. Its odd that texas is still 50-60 for me also but D.C. which is closer is also 50-60.
"
Kokoro wrote:
"
Cyprix wrote:

Did you create a local account in Windows 10? By default it sends all the stuff you are doing to Microsoft and it may take some bandwidth.

scuse me what?! why on earth is it sending everything I do to Microsoft Oo?
"
Cyprix wrote:
Just tried it on the local account and still 50-60. Its odd that texas is still 50-60 for me also but D.C. which is closer is also 50-60.

Perhaps some service like Windows updater is downloading stuff. Try netstat -b -v to see the established connections from your computer.

"
Asmosis wrote:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-02/surveillance-state-goes-mainstream-windows-10-watching-logging-everything

Read also the comments how to disable some options. We will know more in a few months when people figure all these backdoors.
"
Kokoro wrote:
"
Cyprix wrote:

Perhaps some service like Windows updater is downloading stuff. Try netstat -b -v to see the established connections from your computer.

"
Asmosis wrote:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-02/surveillance-state-goes-mainstream-windows-10-watching-logging-everything

Read also the comments how to disable some options. We will know more in a few months when people figure all these backdoors.

After sleeping for the night and trying it out today seems to be better. I also did some speedtests to servers close to the washington D.C. server last night and they had lower pings while the washington one was 50+ for me with speedtest. Might of just needed w10 to settle/download whatever it needed for awhile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info