No sound driver detected...

So, I very briefly played this game a while ago but was already into other time consuming games so I decided not to stick with it at that time. Now, when I decide to come back to it I can't even properly listen to it :/ I have an HD monitor that has a somewhat poor pair of speakers in it, but I never use them anyway. I use my Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma headset for all other sound. Movies, music, games, shows etc... When I launch PoE, it detects my monitor, but not my headset as a sound device. So, when disabling my monitor's speakers as a sound device in the sound management window and reopening the game, it doesn't detect any device and says that it cannot detect a sound card. This has never happened to me at any point with any other game or program of any sort. My headphones work in all other cases but this one. I've reinstalled the game twice, verified the game cache, opened and closed it 10s of times to try to get it to detect the headset, but it just wont. It would really suck to have to play the sound through the speakers on my monitor because, for example, if I wanted to Skype other people while playing, they'd be able to hear my game, and I wouldn't because of the sound cancelling headphones. Just one example of why it would be so inconvenient to have to play through my monitor speakers. I checked on the forums and it sounds (pun intended) like people were having the same problem almost half a year ago in March. Why hasn't this been fixed yet? Any help appreciated. Thanks.
TL;DR - Why does this game tell me it's not detecting a sound card? I've reinstalled, re-opened many times, and verified game cache. This is the only game/program that has ever done this. Everything else works fine.
Select the headset in playback devices (right-click the speaker in the systray of Windows) prior to starting the game up.
"
Drakier wrote:
Select the headset in playback devices (right-click the speaker in the systray of Windows) prior to starting the game up.

This doesn't really help at all... Like, it's not really telling me at all what I'm supposed to do. But whatever you're trying to tell me to do I'm pretty sure I've already done it. My headset is already set as my default sound and communication device and is the only enable sound device. In game, I can't even bring down the drop menu to select a different device. It's just greyed out.
You have to right-click on the Speaker icon next to the Clock in the Windows system tray (the place with all the notification icons and things) and select the Kraken device from there.
"
Drakier wrote:
You have to right-click on the Speaker icon next to the Clock in the Windows system tray (the place with all the notification icons and things) and select the Kraken device from there.

This is just so undescriptive it's amazing. It is selected? It is the only enable sound device in the menu that you're talking about.
I'm just trying to help you out with what other people have done.

I don't personally run Windows, and I don't use a Kraken headset, so I don't experience this issue.

I did a Google search for Path of Exile issues with Kraken and looked for people who have solved the issue themselves. That was what was suggested. I might recommend you attempt a google search or two and see if anything else matches your configuration or anything and perhaps you can find a solution that works for you as well.

Perhaps you have to re-install the Kraken drivers? I don't know.
[Removed by Support] review what you wrote and make it easier (SHORTER, USE PARAGRAPHS!) to read MAN. :)
Last edited by Rachel on Aug 4, 2015, 7:17:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info