PathOfExile.exe has stopped working Windows 10

Ever since I updated my laptop to the new OS, the game simply does not load. The moment it gets past any patch screens to the loading screen, the loading logo never shows and I get the "PathOfExile.exe has stopped working". I have tried:

Windows 8 compatibility mode (last known working).
Everything with Run as Administrator.
Reinstalling completely removing registry issues with iobit uninstaller and ccleaner.
Steam version is acting the exact same way.

I'm not sure what else would be relevant, other games are working fine as far as I know except my Fallout setup having issues with ENBoost but I haven't updated that stuff in quite a while. I don't have my high speed internet access until Wednesday so I haven't tried a fresh install of my Nvidia graphics.

If I go through Microsoft's troubleshooter it ultimately says the program is incompatible when sending the error report and says it was "fixed" but never is.

I have no idea what to try next. Please advise.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Aug 3, 2015, 11:36:37 AM
Bump
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Post the error from the Windows Event/Error log viewer.
Sorry, kept having issues since trying a ton of different things to no avail.

Source
PathOfExile.exe

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎8/‎18/‎2015 12:05 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Grinding Gear Games\Path of exile\PathOfExile.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: PathOfExile.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 55c3fd5f
Fault Module Name: StackHash_bdcb
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: PCH_10_FROM_ntdll+0x0006919C
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 10.0.10240.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: bdcb
Additional Information 2: bdcb33e65a9843796b7ec31cc25bda3b
Additional Information 3: 689d
Additional Information 4: 689d12abf00dd47c453b5e1a156c0fa3

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 6ba1276092002a641e6c03992aa7eb33 (116004436057)

Is my most recent report.

One thing to note is that I don't know if this happened to Path of Exile as well but my Fallout New Vegas Errors switched from APPCRASH to BEX errors.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Found out my computer isn't showing as having Directx 12 with Windows 10 and is instead still at 10 in DxDiag. I don't fully understand Directx but from what I understand my graphics card should be 12 capable but refuses to upgrade even when running Microsoft's End-User Installer. Not sure if this is the problem somehow since my games were fine in 8.1 but I never bothered to verify the Directx version.

Still unable to play. Halp! (Please)
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Update: I also found in the Apps & Features that my Nvidia driver, Physics (Or whatever it is) component and Geforce experience is coming up as unavailable no matter how many times I reinstall from scratch and such. This same trend is happening for my Steam and Fallout New Vegas installations and sometimes Path of Exile doesn't even show up on the list of apps.

Still cannot find a fix.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Another Update:

Narrowed it down to Nvidia driver issue and Windows 10. I went into Nvidia control panel and forced New Vegas to run on integrated graphics and it works just fine although terrible low quality. Switch back to dedicated graphics and it crashes again. I know windows was having issues but I thought the Nvidia stuff was solved by now.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I've had a similar issue with Windows 10 + NVidia + Steam
What I did to get it to work:
1) Launched PathOfExile.exe and switched the video from Fullscreen to Windowed.
2) Modified the compatibility of the files Client.exe and PathOfExileSteam.exe, Right-click file->Properties, Click the Compatibility tab, Click the button "Change settings for all users", Check on "Run this program as an administrator" then Apply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info