Windows 10 performance is terrible.

My system is :

i7-4790k @ 4.6ghz
32gb corsair vengeance ram
2x samsung evo 850 SSD
Acer predator XB280HK 4k gsync monitor 28"
GTX 970

The game runs perfectly smooth in windows 7.

In order to get the game to even start with win10 I had to delete my settings, which is standard.

I tried different resolutiosn of 4K, 2K and my old preference 1920x1200 resolution.

The game FPS counter @ :
4k = 160 average.
2K = 300 average.
1920x1200 = 350 average.

frame times are average 5ms.

I notice tearing with VSync Off/GSync On. Tearing with VSync On/GSync On. I didnt try it with GSync off because I don't pay £200 for a tech that I am not using.

Game never reports a frame lock at 60fps.

Tried turning down shadows and it made zero difference.

I thought it might be lockstep interfering but that wouldn't make sense from a tearing point of view.

I kind of presume this is a windows 10 issue as Win 7 runs silky smooth.

Any ideas/experiences?
Having the same exact problem with mine - very stuttery and it's not lockstep, it's video freeze... considering I have a 980 GTX I don't see how this could be possible.

No other game has performance problems, it's just Path of Exile and has cost me so far around 8 deaths in two days - meaning I'm perpetually stuck at 84.

No point writing a support ticket as no one even bothers to respond.
I'm running Windows 10 Pro with a 980GTX and haven't had any trouble at all with POE.

After I first upgraded to Windows 10 though, I had some problems with driver detection and ended up refreshing Windows (I opted to upgrade from Win 7).

My suggestion to you would be to completely uninstall all Nvidia software in Programs and Features, then download and install the latest Nvidia display driver.
Updating your chipset driver and BIOS may help as well.

If you have no joy after that, run SFC /Scannow from a command prompt in safe mode. If it finds errors it can't repair, refresh Windows and reinstall your apps.

Good luck.
Last edited by Sighted on Aug 3, 2015, 5:19:52 AM
I would highly recommend reinstalling your video drivers and setting that back up again.

I have several rigs set up with Windows 10 and haven't found any tearing or framerate issues so far with Build 10240.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
I would highly recommend reinstalling your video drivers and setting that back up again.

I have several rigs set up with Windows 10 and haven't found any tearing or framerate issues so far with Build 10240.

This is exactly what I did with one addition. I checked the box that stated "perform clean install". It seems that windows 10 installed a video driver before I updated to GeForce Experience + Driver. That caused an issue where tearing would occur (even within the gsync pendulum demo).

Upon clean install everything runs sweet. Highly recommend this.
Same issue here.

Upgraded to windows 10 recently.

Had no issues running POE until now.

I get massive fps drops during gameplay when there is an increased amount of effects occurring on screen.

The get bad screen tearing that occurs off and on during play, that just fixes itself.

I have tried adjusting graphic settings but nothing is helping.
Last edited by 1Chimosh on Aug 12, 2015, 10:37:12 AM
"
blockynz wrote:
Having the same exact problem with mine - very stuttery and it's not lockstep, it's video freeze... considering I have a 980 GTX I don't see how this could be possible.

No other game has performance problems, it's just Path of Exile and has cost me so far around 8 deaths in two days - meaning I'm perpetually stuck at 84.

No point writing a support ticket as no one even bothers to respond.

I don't even understand how this game is even a thing. all that supporter money and it runs like a late 90s game played on a potato.
Last edited by TheDumpsterJedi on Aug 12, 2015, 3:46:12 PM
"

I don't even understand how this game is even a thing. all that supporter money and it runs like a late 90s game played on a potato.

yep, exactly. i heard rumours that ggg will overtake blizzard soon. stay tuned!!1

to op:
having gsync enabled normally makes vsync obsolete as vertical sync makes your graphics card match it's output to the monitor's fixed refresh rate whereas gsync makes your monitor's refresh rate adapt to your graphic card's frame output rate.

they're both mechanisms which exclude each other.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
You know, windows 10 just came out. Some of the people who reserved their copies, still haven't gotten them yet.

Give it some time. These issues are expected of a new OS.

Hell, I have to use 3rd party drivers to get my soundcard to work because the garbage that was installed by default didn't even work.

For what it's worth I am getting less frame drops and far better performance since I upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Your mileage may vary.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info