Sweep

All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Using it on a marauder level 34 with a 2H mace.
The skill felt good until now, it starts loosing some punch compared to Ground Slam.
Ground Slam does more damage and is faster.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
I think the reasoning for the lack of Damage on this may be slightly off base, unless you spam it nonstop to keep anything from getting near you you don't actually many more monsters than you would if swarmed completely.

Also, for it to deal the most damage it has much higher risk than ground slam where you can hit things from a distance
-Meteoric Destiny!
Last edited by MDragoon on Feb 28, 2012, 10:19:32 PM
I've been trying to use Sweep on a lvl 51 Duelist with 8/8 Frenzy Charges when I find myself surrounded by mobs but then Cleave just works better do to mainly the increased attack speed and damage (more life leech, faster mob death).

The skill is a nice concept but it could use an increased attack speed (more like cleave) and an increased chance to knockback.
It should do SLIGHTLY less damage compared to Cleave at the same attack speed, but since it does considerably less damage and it has a slower attack speed the only reason I find myself using it is the knockback chance which is too low to make a difference.
I think this skill is ulses comkpared to cleave. Maybe implement a chance to stun an enemy will fix it a little.
The animation for this really looks like a 360 degree AoE. Fooled me for like 20 levels til I noticed the guys behind me never seemed to take damage (I didn't use it much for a long time tho). It was kind of a feel-bad moment when I "discovered" it's only a partial AoE, and it certainly doesn't feel like it would be overpowered as a full AoE. Just my two cents so far, still very low level with this skill atm.
"
bennyr wrote:
The animation for this really looks like a 360 degree AoE. Fooled me for like 20 levels til I noticed the guys behind me never seemed to take damage (I didn't use it much for a long time tho). It was kind of a feel-bad moment when I "discovered" it's only a partial AoE, and it certainly doesn't feel like it would be overpowered as a full AoE. Just my two cents so far, still very low level with this skill atm.
The animation looks like that because it was one once. That proved to be too powerful, so the skill was changed but no new art has been done yet.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
That proved to be too powerful, so the skill was changed but no new art has been done yet.

I don't see how, the skill is already awful as it is. Ground Slam does its job better with the same weapon types and as a general AoE melee attack Cleave is much stronger.
"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
That proved to be too powerful, so the skill was changed but no new art has been done yet.

I don't see how, the skill is already awful as it is. Ground Slam does its job better with the same weapon types and as a general AoE melee attack Cleave is much stronger.
At the time, it also always did knockback.

It's now actually been changed back just the other day for 0.9.7 to a full circle.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info