Sweep

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on May 16, 2022, 1:07:38 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
sanddemon wrote:
Does +AoE affect the radius?
Yes
"
sanddemon wrote:
Cast speed or IAS for speed?
Attack speed. All active skills which deal damage based on your weapon are attacks, the others are spells.
"
sanddemon wrote:
Also the AoE increase doesn't seem to increase the graphic at all (although I do think it is growing in size, albeit not by much).
The graphic can't currently be scaled - curses are pretty much the only things which visually show the AoE increase at the moment.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 8, 2012, 7:37:19 PM
"
sanddemon wrote:
attack speed doesnt seem to speed it up
Does for me. +9999% attack speed gives me 111.1 attacks per second on the character screen and makes me sweep fast enough that you can't even see the staff move, the monsters just fall over.
"
sanddemon wrote:
Knockback is clearly not working right..
I can't find anything wrong with the knockback, it's definitely working for me at about as often as I'd expect from the chance.
I think perhaps you're expecting too much effect. The effect knocks back monsters by 4 units by default, which is minimum melee range, for reference. It's not supposed to make them fly across the screen, just knock them enough that they're probably not in range to swing.

Also, they might not be able to be knocked back the full distance or at all if there's something in the way.
"
sanddemon wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Also, they might not be able to be knocked back the full distance or at all if there's something in the way.

Do other monsters count? If that's the case, then that is exactly why because I always pool big swarms of them.
Yes, if they're right up close.
Ground slam hits a 90-degree arc in front of the player. It's good for approaching monsters, but if the player is surrounded by monsters won't hit many of them. It has a high radius to make up for the small arc.

Cleave hits a 180 degree arc in front of the player, dealing half damage to all but the targeted monster. It's less useful for clearing out hordes, but quite good for hitting a strong monster at the same time as a couple of weaker ones.

Sweep hits a 300 degree arc in front of the player, hitting all monsters in range for full damage, at the same radius as cleave.

All these skills have different uses. Sweep has more damage penalty because in most cases it will hit significantly more monsters for full damage per attack.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
"
bennyr wrote:
The animation for this really looks like a 360 degree AoE. Fooled me for like 20 levels til I noticed the guys behind me never seemed to take damage (I didn't use it much for a long time tho). It was kind of a feel-bad moment when I "discovered" it's only a partial AoE, and it certainly doesn't feel like it would be overpowered as a full AoE. Just my two cents so far, still very low level with this skill atm.
The animation looks like that because it was one once. That proved to be too powerful, so the skill was changed but no new art has been done yet.
"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
That proved to be too powerful, so the skill was changed but no new art has been done yet.

I don't see how, the skill is already awful as it is. Ground Slam does its job better with the same weapon types and as a general AoE melee attack Cleave is much stronger.
At the time, it also always did knockback.

It's now actually been changed back just the other day for 0.9.7 to a full circle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info