Where to go from here? Templar build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMSb7ERyQDYjTbT58B-iAASzAnEyiVfid-WBb548TdiMdjrYLdJ8uySLGeneweStwBpmnqmVcH1RYE99gFYFW4uM4XPtIEbXXcbd82BttoZ9U_NxkFU=

This Templar is my first character and I'm still absolutely in love with him. I feel like I have built pretty optimally so far. I just have a few general questions as I'm still fairly new to this game.

Quick note: I'm currently taking up all the ele res nodes I can. This is aimed for what to do after that.

I'm running Tempest shield, Enduring cry, Molten shell, and Rejuvi totem for defense. I have Shield charge for gap closing, and Glacial hammer with IED support gem for my main dps.

My first question is about type of armor. Since I have the stats to do it, and tons of energy shield nodes, should I pick up the armor + energy shield items? I've been running straight armor thus far with no problems, but I feel like I can get a lot out of a little bit of energy shield. Particularly if I go up and get the set of inc energy shield and armor nodes right above my shield nodes.

Next, I feel like Glacial hammer is lackluster as a main dps tool. I'm looking for suggestions in the department. I'm procd into ele dmg so that is the only requirement.

Outside of these things any suggestions or advice you have would be great. Also it would be cool if someone would let me know if I'm doing the right thing if I am.
I think it's generally bad to take element resistance in your passives besides chaos, because late game gear gives so much anyway.
I would consider using Elemental Hit. When you hit an enemy with any weapon, or weapon type it deals damage out of the three elements (Fire, Cold, Lightning). It's a gem that you can only find through a drop, or trading another player. It is not a quest reward.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Elemental_Hit

The spell is random, so when you use an auto attack, it will chose one of the three elements. It works well, especially if you like elemental damage. :)

Be sure to pick up more life nodes, defense before offense in this game.

Last edited by Jakzca on Feb 12, 2013, 11:28:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info