Crashs that seem from memory but don't make any sense.

I have been geting crashs constant crashs some after playing awhile some when trying to get into my character, it throws an exeption ,some times the same on soem times different exeptions ,the most comon one is the MAPVIEW..... something.... one you talked about that happens when you run out of memory in addtion to says something about run time error and the game forcing to shutdown in an unusual way,some times I also find my self enter a area where there is point that makes the game lag ,and has all kinds off graphical glitchs of stuff from my character missing when he walks there and not being able to atack or do any thing at all ,and when I do atack or do something it crashs ,giving an exeption about lights or shadows and not being able to load SOMETHING .

my os is 32 bit but my ram is 8 and graphical card is radeon HD 6600 ,should be strong enough ,one thing about the hardware is ,my hard drive ,it seems to be doing some probloms making my computer slower at any loading actions.
"
elirule wrote:
my os is 32 bit but my ram is 8 and graphical card is radeon HD 6600 ,should be strong enough ,one thing about the hardware is ,my hard drive ,it seems to be doing some probloms making my computer slower at any loading actions.

You utterly fail to see the problem, a 32 bit OS will not allow you to use more than 3.5 gig of your ram, having more is pointless so yeah despite having 8 gig more than half of it is useless and unused.

the game takes 2 gig + the OS itself and other working take up 1.5 gig on win7 more if you have anything more than an AV running let alone adding browsers or other programs launching on startup
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
And yet my bro system has only 4 ram and 32 os ,and he doesn't get those crushs at all ,ad deffently not as much as i do.
anouther one of the crashes that happen as well for some reason is invalid call call carsh exeption
anouther one of the crashes that happen as well for some reason is invalid call call carsh exeption
and anouther one that happening is bad allocation ,also the mapview one says something about data ,something I can't really read.
You've already been told why.

Not all systems are the same, and not all are configured the same.

I've seen 32-bit systems with 4GB of RAM work, and I've seen plenty of cases where it hasn't. It's all based on the configurations and how well the user has tuned/optimized their system for play.

In general, it is the recommended strategy to not use 32-bit OS for Path of Exile as for a LOT of people, it just won't work on their system, and we aren't able to help them tune it to work properly. It's much easier to just recommend an Upgrade to 64-bit, and the upgrade will work.

Another problem with 32-bit is that you are WASTING memory. You have a good chunk of memory that is completely useless right now due to the addressability restrictions in 32-bit. If you were to upgrade to 64-bit, you would have full access to all of it.
Just got anouther exeption Audio/sound "some object" :decoded no data.

Are all these exeptions I am getting because of memory ?
Last edited by elirule on Aug 4, 2015, 7:53:54 AM
"
Drakier wrote:
You've already been told why.

Not all systems are the same, and not all are configured the same.

I've seen 32-bit systems with 4GB of RAM work, and I've seen plenty of cases where it hasn't. It's all based on the configurations and how well the user has tuned/optimized their system for play.

In general, it is the recommended strategy to not use 32-bit OS for Path of Exile as for a LOT of people, it just won't work on their system, and we aren't able to help them tune it to work properly. It's much easier to just recommend an Upgrade to 64-bit, and the upgrade will work.

Another problem with 32-bit is that you are WASTING memory. You have a good chunk of memory that is completely useless right now due to the addressability restrictions in 32-bit. If you were to upgrade to 64-bit, you would have full access to all of it.

So... could you say how we know that are running 64 instead of 32 on game ?. Dnt speak stuff which you think that we all understand it please :)
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai
Last edited by Execreth on Aug 4, 2015, 9:14:08 AM
"
Execreth wrote:
So... could you say how we know that are running 64 instead of 32 on game ?. Dnt speak stuff which you think that we all understand it please :)

Run dxdiag.exe and look at the top section that tells which version of windows you are running.

Does it say 32-bit or 64-bit?

It needs to say 64-bit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info