Anyone exit the game after few mappings?

As of now, I am stuck with 72-74 Mappings. I run them with 20% quality and alchemy to get at least 70% quantity. They are just lvl72-74 maps that is why I didn't bother to go for chaos to reroll the quantity to at least 100%.

I barely see lvl75 maps drop in lvl74 mapping, let alone any +2 Map from any bosses. The 20% droprate for +2 Map seems a bit catchy at first before the deployment of the patch. Yet, the 20% feels like 5% as of now. Just one time I got a lvl75 Orchard Map from Tora's daily, I did it with 80% quantity with double boss topped with other kind of scary mods. I managed to complete the whole map easily and yet no map drops at all except..

I can talk about partying with guildmates or strangers but here comes the problem. There is always problem with the loot and playing in party doesn't feel like playing in my own style. I am unable to pick up most of the items dropped in map since the portal is pretty limited to the amount of players. Partying with someone else always ended up being with as*holes or players that just like to rush through whole map alone without considering they are in fact in a party. Partying is not an experience friendly feature unless you can do it with good buddies. Honestly, I don't have anymore good buddies in this game since they all have quited on 2.0 difficulty spikes. They are unable to endure it and all is too late before the nerf on Malachai kicks in for Normal and Cruel.

I blame this on the decision of GGG to limit beta access to "paid" players or small amount of invited players. Most of them are committed to the game or simply put hardcore/experienced enough to overcome the difficulty spikes. These groups of players, majority of them do cookie butter builds in the beta, which is the main cause for so many other builds being untest fully and being shitty upon release. Difficulty spikes, certain builds get f*cked hard and etc are all due to the lack of casual beta testers. The lack of feedbacks from casual players in the beta made this game a pro game for elites upon release. I know some of you will eventually find some reasons to justify this.

I'm being bored to death everytime I see myself gaining 1% experience from doing two lvl73 Map. I need to do something refreshing which I ended up MFing Dried Lake instead of doing maps.
Everyday, 8am I would do my Master dailies and then proceed to few Mappings while having my solid gears. Then, I get bored with the experience gain from low level maps and I will change all my gears to MF gears for Dried Lake.

I have been repeating this process since 2.0 patch and it's just not an overhaul experience to me. MFing to get currency is the only way for me to get the fun out of Path of Exile since the drops in Dried Lake is basically the same without MFing in Map.
One can't simply do high MFing in Maps since the physical damage has scaled way too high. Leveling is already a pain in the as* in 2.0 and I wouldn't risk the experience loss in dying. Hence, the only risk free is to MF the glory Dried Lake.

I have hoarded so many pure exalts from tradings through selling all the stuffs I got from MFing and chaos recipe. The question that keep on coming is that, why am I even farming? What I want to do with all the exalts that I have in stash?
Spoiler

My build is pretty optimized for any maps I did, just that I am capped by RNG from advancing into higher level map. Due to the decision of GGG, that +2 Map is too scary and dangerous to most players, I have to suffer the consequences.
So, what should I do? Reroll a new character with a new build? What is the point anymore since I am sure I will end up with the frustrating end game mapping again.

Is this only me?

I am sure I am not alone in this. My experience in this game is dying on me due to the changes and to those who are sceptical, I did adapt to the changes of 2.0 with my gears. It just doesn't feel rewarding anymore and pretty drag to the point I need to exit the game.

As of now, I really don't know if I will exit the game sooner and sooner everyday until I won't bother to login anymore. I have quited this game for once and returned due to 2.0 patch.
Unfortunately, things get uglier in 2.0.
I have so much hope in this game and I really can't just walk away like most people would suggest. Yet, I admit it's really not that hard to uninstall the game since I have done it before. Anyone can share their experience and ways to overcome the problem?

Thank you for reading.

Love,
Bunny

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yes, nerf to the map drops is fucking awful. I did yesterday about 30 75's and couple of 76's and the only thing I've got was one 76 map. Rest was just low level crap.

PS. Sorry tha I'm asking but you have joined in may 2015 and how the heck you can have 160 verified exalts in your stash?
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
"
Yes, nerf to the map drops is fucking awful. I did yesterday about 30 75's and couple of 76's and the only thing I've got was one 76 map. Rest was just low level crap.

PS. Sorry tha I'm asking but you have joined in may 2015 and how the heck you can have 160 verified exalts in your stash?

Its standard league, you can farm a vast amount of currency very quickly if you apply yourself with vim and vigour. Also, having left over currency/equipment from a previous account will help - notice OP said they had returned from an absence (which we can assume was a different account).

EDIT: @OP - when I get bored with mapping, I continue working my ways towards challenge completion (somewhat slowly and laboriously). Perhaps it may be a good avenue to pursue? Apply your skills to the temp leagues and see how that shit rolls.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Aug 1, 2015, 4:14:25 AM
Self found is only way to play now. You trade and you're all dressed up with no place to go.

Forget about trading, min/maxing, and other things that make arpgs fun so you can actually do high level content. You'll never see it so whats the point?

I'm not ready to quit yet. I'm having fun with self founded. My GG toons in STD have quit tho.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 1, 2015, 4:24:58 AM
"

I think anyone can get pretty much the same in a new league, just how much time you can dedicate in it.
Through scamming, flipping etc... kappa (I'm joking).

The thing is, it's not about the currencies I have, it's about what everyone can do with them. The believed ultimate goal is to get your end game gears and be the best in something which varies between players.
My problem is, currencies can't carry me forward to better end game contents and this too, to most players unless they can party up with buddies/guildies which happen to be Not-As*holes.
If any self found should burn their Chaos in rerolling the mods of lvl72-73 Maps in order to get 100% quantity, I guarantee the returns will dissapoint you because I have tried numerous time. Mapping has been the only way to level up effectively at lvl90 mark but it's capped with RNG.

Would you burn tormendous Chaos just to gain that 1-2% EXP? Is that the ultimate goal now? I just want to have fun by exploring new maps and difficult contents but it's all behind the bars of RNG.

GGG might try to make it difficult to get into true end game content with extreme RNG to make players play more to get into it, spending more time and effort in the process. Yet, all players having bad time instead of having fun time with the effort to endure the RNG sh*t.

"

EDIT: @OP - when I get bored with mapping, I continue working my ways towards challenge completion (somewhat slowly and laboriously). Perhaps it may be a good avenue to pursue? Apply your skills to the temp leagues and see how that shit rolls.

Unfortunately, challenges are not for me. It doesn't feel fun for me at least and I know this is entirely different to someone else.
About temp league, I don't like the feeling of having nothing and restart since the state of the game now, it's all the same at the end. It's all behind RNG.
Perhaps, when the game is less defined by RNG and end game content is about skill and a basis roll, I would try temp league.
Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it.

Love,
Bunny
The most telling part of your presentation is where you refer to "my build".

Try to make 7 builds. Or 12.

One way to make mapping cheaper is to run more than one build so that a map doesn't have to be rejected/re-rolled if it thwarts your single character. This will increase your mapping potential and raise the level of all your characters.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The most telling part of your presentation is where you refer to "my build".

Try to make 7 builds. Or 12.

One way to make mapping cheaper is to run more than one build so that a map doesn't have to be rejected/re-rolled if it thwarts your single character. This will increase your mapping potential and raise the level of all your characters.

You might have mistaken something. I don't reroll maps because they're hard, I never need to since the only thing I can't do is physical reflect mod but that is rare and with single chaos can remove it to entire different set of mods.
Higher level maps just don't drop and it has nothing to do with my character unable to do it. Admitedly, I am only avoiding Labyrinth map 'boss' but not the map since it basically one shot my char anyhow.

For me, the purpose of rerolling maps is do gain higher quantity only and I don't think spamming Chaos on lvl72 to 73maps are a sustainable option. I even chisel 20% on my lvl73 maps just as sacrificial lambs for RNG sake.
Once again, even with 12 builds, I am still unable to bypass that RNG that barring me from getting easily into lvl75 maps and further.

Thank you for the suggestion though, properly works for some other players that won't do certain maps because they are hard with crazy mods but for me, it's totally out of any arbitary solution.

Love,
Bunny

inb4 BerM**BerIst1 and Cr***Monster's and other typical responses:

- claiming that it's very easy to chain 77s,76, when so many people have complained about their experience with this game as loyal customers, supported with detailed documentation. Nope, just gonna ignore everything in the post and tells you "DID YOU CHISEL 20Q AND ALCH CHAOS TILL IT'S HIGH QUANTITY?"

- claiming doing 82 maps is equivalent to 76 because GGG would just increase the experience cap. It's like saying "why should I strive to earn more money? I would just spend more anyway."

- stating the exact opposite of what you says w/o addressing the issue that you have brought up, saying sh*t like "gonna buy another lunaris support pack tmr" and just leave it there. Just to annoy you.

- oh, and here is the best one. "Go buy maps". I mean you need to use in game currency to buy game content? Right now, 79 maps in WB is about 2ex. The irony is just so... mmmwhua, perfect! Because how many people do you think will ever be able to afford PoE even though the game is free.

All in all, just what kind of masochistic design philosophy is this about the whole mapping thing? I have never, ever played a game in my life that does this kind of bs to its customers.
Map drops have always sucked and they (GGG) managed to make it even worse. It is the very reason that I generally take a few months off from the game. It just gets boring without being able to consistently get high level maps.

I know some have no problem, that is generally due to luck in the RNG game or no being a casual player. I am a casual player. I have several characters up around the mid 80's, but that is it.

You would think that GGG would want to keep us casual players playing and buying.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
If you want to level and progress in maps, yes, you must burn currency rolling maps. It's the best currency sink this game has atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info