Cheat

"
mark1030 wrote:
It's not a rip off. It is a trade. If I want a quick sale, I can sell for below market. To one of those guys buying below market. Let them waste their time waiting for somebody who wants to pay a higher price. Meanwhile I have currency I didn't have before and I get right back to playing.

All you liberalists try this argument all the time but its so flawed.

The main reason you get to buy ppls nice stuff for half price is because you are scamming a new player who dont know the value of stuff. Its not ppl who wants a quick sale.

That you sell stuff for low pricse because of quick sales is just a smokescreen and we all know it.
"
Zhatan wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
It's not a rip off. It is a trade. If I want a quick sale, I can sell for below market. To one of those guys buying below market. Let them waste their time waiting for somebody who wants to pay a higher price. Meanwhile I have currency I didn't have before and I get right back to playing.

All you liberalists try this argument all the time but its so flawed.

The main reason you get to buy ppls nice stuff for half price is because you are scamming a new player who dont know the value of stuff. Its not ppl who wants a quick sale.

That you sell stuff for low pricse because of quick sales is just a smokescreen and we all know it.

Yeah no sorry if someone wants to sell me an item they set the price if I think the price is worth it I will buy.

I am not responsible for you selling cheap that's your own problem it is not me scamming you.

Take some fucking responsibility.
The markets quite complicated in some ways, my hunch is a lot of people are buying low yes then they have an ahk spamming trade since u could just mash in seperate numbers for timing i doubt ggg could detect it. They may even have several computers running simultaneously they certainly seem to have a lot of accounts. If you want to put that much effort into making virtual currency well nothing stopping you.
I do think the game overall has a pretty mercenary feel still every day i see people giving stuff away and stopping to smell the flowers.
30% below market isn't bad. I can go to the discount bin at the local mall and get more of a discount than that. And that's priced by people who DO know what they are doing.

It's when it's a factor of 10 that it becomes a ripoff and taking advantage of someone who probably doesn't know better. There will always be people who are naive. And there will always be people who take advantage of them. It sucks, but that's just the way it is.
"
lsp wrote:

I think trading should be regulated, GGG sets min and max prices for items, no one can sell under or over those prices. = problem solved.

"Hey, Mark, can I sell those rare boots with these mods for X chaos? No? How about Y?"
You and me both know that this is impossible. Hell, even my cat and both my children know it. So why does this thread exist?

You can get totally, shamelessly, violently #rect in this game. It is then you learn that the world is out there to get you. Better in this game than in real life, I figure.
Well if enough people want it to be regulated, I have a feeling that there's going to be SERIOUS regulating and it won't even be regulation, it'll be restriction, unless you're super rich and can buy passes or something that let you trade a couple of times without restriction and then you'll have to buy it again with actual money. All game companies enjoy making money, and these passes might actually be a good way of doing it.
It's a problem because most people don't know about poe.trade.
How could they? Unless they went onto redit or the forums what is there to help them find it?
Very few buyers/sellers will want to post stuff in trade chat because of all the endless spam from people trying to effectively steal wealth from noobs.
Last edited by shaunus on Jul 31, 2015, 3:52:50 AM
"
lsp wrote:
I buy your stuff for less than it's worth! And so forth...

I think you are misunderstanding something here. Things are worth what people are prepared to pay for them, not what people are trying to sell them for.

You call people scammers for wanting to buy 30% below market price? Perhaps it is YOU who is a scammer by trying to sell 30% ABOVE market price, and trying to get people to beleive that this is what the items are worth. If people trade them for less, then THAT is what they are worth at the moment, period.

If you don't agree with the above, then kindly explain how you come to the conclution that a price is 30% below market price. Who decides what market price is in your opinion?

"
lsp wrote:
I think trading should be regulated, GGG sets min and max prices for items, no one can sell under or over those prices. = problem solved.

Worst idea ever. Freaking RuneScape all over again. Look at how that game was ruined by regulated prices.
Last edited by Falbal on Jul 31, 2015, 5:04:59 AM
It is our responsibility to check if a trade is legit or not. GGG is not holding our hand when we play the game and they are not holding our hand when we trade either.

PoE economy is as treacherous as Wraeclast itself. Just as you need to learn the mechanics of the game and avoid one shots. You must learn to tell a scammer from a honest player. Don’t let someone else dictate to you what the items you are selling or buying are worth, if you dont come to an agreement, don’t do the trade.
Falbal makes a goodpoint. How do you know the "scam" price is wrong? Just because you see people selling the item for 30% more, doesn't mean anybody is buying for that much.

And the argument that it's people who don't know any better getting ripped off makes no sense to me. So clueless players can find people buying for low but can't find a single person selling that item for higher? All buying happens on even numbered days and all selling on odd? How do you not see that the price somebody is offering is low? You want GGG to protect you from having to actually think or doing even the slightest bit of due diligence. When you sell anything outside of the game, do you not see who will give you the best deal before pulling the trigger?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info