Endgame Unique scamming in Tempest

Another reason AH3 was ahead of its time. Want to play low price not sell games? Fine it gets gone in 2 seconds after posting it.

Until we get a decent trading system where item is out of sellers hands until auction ends or BO price met - caveat emptor/caveat venditor

Look it up its latin. Basically means stop whining and you only have yourself to blame.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 31, 2015, 5:49:58 AM
The consequence of having bartering: Scammers,abusers and flippers.

The consequence of having Auction house: ALL but TOP ROLL tier 1 uniques will become worthless.

Shavs off 1% perfect roll? vendor.

Think before you write,before you think.

I totally agree on introducing some sort of way to weed them out.
Right now there is no consequence for messing up markets and prices,or scamming in general.
And GGG ignores all the blunt reports,they just delete them without ever even acknowledging the issue.
No rest for the wicked.
"
Daiena wrote:

The consequence of having Auction house: ALL but TOP ROLL tier 1 uniques will become worthless.

Think before you write, before you think.

Why don't you apply your own advice to your posts?

Although I'm not sure how does one think before one thinks, but I agree with the first part.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Daiena wrote:
The consequence of having bartering: Scammers,abusers and flippers.

Think before you write,before you think.

I totally agree on introducing some sort of way to weed them out.
Right now there is no consequence for messing up markets and prices,or scamming in general.
And GGG ignores all the blunt reports,they just delete them without ever even acknowledging the issue.

Quadra FacePalm for this argument top kek
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
"
Tantabobo wrote:
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
tdr3d wrote:
Why, because human beings are inherently pieces of garbage? You can treat the symptoms, it won't fix the cause.

By that (inherently pessimistic) logic, and form of rules or order are entirely useless, as again, they only work to constrain the symptoms of humanity, and do nothing for the uncurable condition they have. For PoE, that means removing all rules of speech, no longer trying to combat RMT or hacking at all, or so forth: they're just treating symptoms of people being garbage, and not fixing the cause.

No, I'm pretty sure most other people reading saw that logic fall apart before they even finished reading the first sentence. It is the nature of providing order that it can encourage and bring out the better in people... Or at the very least, make it so that others don't have to suffer the nastiness of just one individual.

As far as how it applies here, it's pretty straightforward: if we had an offline shop system that let people buy items right away, there would be no issue like this: people could not trick others into getting scammed like this. If a price is placed as such, it means it.

The current trading system is shit because humans are amoral. This is 100% accurate and correct.No matter what system is in place, amorality will ensure that all of the problems will still exist. (though likely in a different form and degree). Build a better trade system, scammers get better at scamming.

You cannot talk about one global moral and morality.
Get gud
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
In Archeage, when you wanted to put something up for sale, the game automatically suggested a buyout of w/e the current lowest price was for that item. So a lot of people would list items worth 2.5 silvers or more at 1 copper (1 silver = 100 copper), in the hopes that a poor fellow wouldn't take the time to check his buyout price and instantly click "Sell" out of habit. The poor guy would list 300 of something worth a total of 750 silvers for.. 3 silver. It happened a lot, too.

I wonder if the game is dead. I feel like playing it again, now.

You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
GooberM wrote:
In Archeage, when you wanted to put something up for sale, the game automatically suggested a buyout of w/e the current lowest price was for that item. So a lot of people would list items worth 2.5 silvers or more at 1 copper (1 silver = 100 copper), in the hopes that a poor fellow wouldn't take the time to check his buyout price and instantly click "Sell" out of habit. The poor guy would list 300 of something worth a total of 750 silvers for.. 3 silver. It happened a lot, too.

Archage is still alive and kicking.

The scenario you described is people not using the "suggested price" correctly. And failure to set "unit price" properly and selling the entire "stack" priced as 1 unit.

This has nothing to do with PoE. The point is if something similar to AH is in PoE then scammers can't fuck around with the price. If he list his shavs for 20 fuse I will just buy it and there's nothing he can do to stop me, and he knew not to pull a fast one next time because in this case official "rules" are established (eg ones you put an item to sale with a buyout price, you can't remove it until either the listing time expire or a buyout is met).

Currently in PoE, trading is lawless and not governed in anyway... so anyone can choose to do anything they want to. If you got scammed it's your own fault... if you scammed someone, it's a job well done. Sure there might be a moral difference between "right" and "wrong" but there's no "illegal" in PoE trading, everything goes.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
Spoiler
"
GooberM wrote:

The scenario you described is people not using the "suggested price" correctly. And failure to set "unit price" properly and selling the entire "stack" priced as 1 unit.

This has nothing to do with PoE. The point is if something similar to AH is in PoE then scammers can't fuck around with the price. If he list his shavs for 20 fuse I will just buy it and there's nothing he can do to stop me, and he knew not to pull a fast one next time because in this case official "rules" are established (eg ones you put an item to sale with a buyout price, you can't remove it until either the listing time expire or a buyout is met).

Currently in PoE, trading is lawless and not governed in anyway... so anyone can choose to do anything they want to. If you got scammed it's your own fault... if you scammed someone, it's a job well done. Sure there might be a moral difference between "right" and "wrong" but there's no "illegal" in PoE trading, everything goes.

+1

It's a trade/barter system. If you trade something for less than you feel it's worth, you're at fault, nobody else.
To all the girls in the red high-heeled shoes,
they took all our money and stole all our boos.
They ain't got their cherries, but that's no sin,
they still got the box the cherry came in!
"
"
Tantabobo wrote:
"
ACGIFT wrote:

By that (inherently pessimistic) logic, and form of rules or order are entirely useless, as again, they only work to constrain the symptoms of humanity, and do nothing for the uncurable condition they have. For PoE, that means removing all rules of speech, no longer trying to combat RMT or hacking at all, or so forth: they're just treating symptoms of people being garbage, and not fixing the cause.

No, I'm pretty sure most other people reading saw that logic fall apart before they even finished reading the first sentence. It is the nature of providing order that it can encourage and bring out the better in people... Or at the very least, make it so that others don't have to suffer the nastiness of just one individual.

As far as how it applies here, it's pretty straightforward: if we had an offline shop system that let people buy items right away, there would be no issue like this: people could not trick others into getting scammed like this. If a price is placed as such, it means it.

The current trading system is shit because humans are amoral. This is 100% accurate and correct.No matter what system is in place, amorality will ensure that all of the problems will still exist. (though likely in a different form and degree). Build a better trade system, scammers get better at scamming.

You cannot talk about one global moral and morality.
Get gud

I am not sure if you are trolling or don't know what amoral means. Going to go with troll.
"
Pewzor wrote:

This has nothing to do with PoE.

Oh, good to know, might get around to playing that again. I oddly had fun making Trade Packs.

And yeah, I know, I was just describing that popular "scam" in Archeage, since we were on the subject.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info