Someone wanna inform of why Brightbeak is 20c+

I got one unique on my Warbands Marauder until A3M, that Harmony amulet for Hargan. Seems like leveling items start to drop in maps.
"
tinko92 wrote:
I got one unique on my Warbands Marauder until A3M, that Harmony amulet for Hargan. Seems like leveling items start to drop in maps.

What better place to find them, right? You can gift them to that low level witch you've had your eye on.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Not to derail a classy Apathy thread, but no, not in game yet. Worth the wait, I promise. I hope. Shit, it better be.

___

Yeah, 20c is a bit much even for a great leveling item. This is probably just a weird backlash to the rarity reshuffle.

Oddly enough, I've found more uniques in Warbands just fumbling through normal on several chars than I've found in any other expansion league, probably for the duration. Fourteen in about three days, including two Crests of Perandus. RNG or luck or whatever. Just an observation.

I think I saw somewhere in the patch notes for 2.0 that the unique item droprates were increased. Or maybe I am mistaking it with the higher chances of finding unique strongboxes.
"
Not to derail a classy Apathy thread, but no, not in game yet. Worth the wait, I promise. I hope. Shit, it better be.

___

Yeah, 20c is a bit much even for a great leveling item. This is probably just a weird backlash to the rarity reshuffle.

Oddly enough, I've found more uniques in Warbands just fumbling through normal on several chars than I've found in any other expansion league, probably for the duration. Fourteen in about three days, including two Crests of Perandus. RNG or luck or whatever. Just an observation.

Yes, uniques drop a lot, and they are all of the useless variety. I always got some pretty sweet uniques in previous leagues, in this one - nada.

So, they might have buffed useless unique drop rate, but the good ones seem to be almost nonexistent.

Thank god they (allegedly) duped all those rathpiths and lightning coils.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 30, 2015, 3:32:33 AM
"
MANGUERA wrote:
I think I saw somewhere in the patch notes for 2.0 that the unique item droprates were increased. Or maybe I am mistaking it with the higher chances of finding unique strongboxes.

The overall chance of getting a unique item was increased: a higher proportion of all drops will now be uniques vs. white/blue/yellow.

However, a lot of uniques had their particular "tier" changed; do remember that "unique" is a color/grade that has four invisible/hidden rarity tiers within it; this is why, say, you will find more Redbeaks and Lifesprigs than Shav's or Mjölners even in a really high-level map.

I don't know of many/any uniques that were made LOWER tier, just those made HIGHER: Brightbeak was one, and another, (to my chagrin) was Doomsower. Granted, in the latter it made sense; it's a very endgame-viable weapon, and was kind of a joke that within a week of its release before it was down to 1 alch on Standard.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
At the time of this post, the lowest price is 2c, the next one 12c. Just a reminder: poe.trade shows a list of available items, not a "price agreed upon by the community". Items with reasonable prices get constantly removed and don't show up anymore. Which means that a lot of what you do get to see is overpriced stuff that doesn't sell. There are of course price manipulations going on and a lot of wishful thinking but in general, unless you need an item right now it pays off to monitor poe.trade for a while for a reasonable price. :-)

Spoiler
Last edited by Alysma on Jul 30, 2015, 4:06:52 AM
There are so many new leveling unique weapons, why would anyone pay 20c on a brightbeak? Makes no sense to me, especially on standard...so many there already,
Seriously? And I already recycled tons of brightbeaks. ***Ragequit sequence initiated***

Still exellent leapslam jet when paired with 3G eclipse
"
Suni wrote:
There are so many new leveling unique weapons, why would anyone pay 20c on a brightbeak? Makes no sense to me, especially on standard...so many there already,

for the same reason people use leap slam or whirling blades over walking fast.

due to how leap slam in particular works the large attack speed increase on bright beak creates a notable increase in leap speed even for people with no attack speed at all.
Well I just sold one for 22c

So what the fuck ever; I still think it's stupid.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info