[Warbands] Two builds, one dream (Domkiller build) a few questions inside. Help is needed!

Good morning!

Well, i'm trying to make my domkiller atm and have two different trees. One is a daggerversion of ZiggyD's Southpaw Reaver, and the other one is a updated version of the build Manocean used for his domkiller in Beyond.
First of all, before linking the two different trees, I got some questions and thought about the outcome I want to achieve.

Question 1
Frenzy charges is great and it will most certainly benefit this character while leveling in maps etc, but will they benefit me as a Domkiller later on?

Question 2
Would Frenzy be a viable skill to use as single target damage for killing Dom as Frenzy charges is so good now?

Question 3
Will Iron Reflexes or Acro/Phase Acro benefit me the most?

Question 4
When going Iron Reflexes, will any increased armour% be taken into the calculation before or after Evasion turns into Armour.

Question 5
Since I will be using Lioneye's Remorse as my shield. Should I get more %armour on the tree since it will increase total armour quite a bit since it has 1.3k armour.

Question 6+
In the Gems and Links-section

Items I will be using:
Abyssus, this will be a huge dps-increase.
Lightning Coil, to mitigate reflect and the drawback of Abyssus.
Lioneye's Remorse, cheap shield with a lot of armour on it.
Meginord's Girdle, another dps-increase, this might be skipped if I won't be able to cap resists.

Gems and Links

Main attack while leveling:
Reave-Multistrike-Melee Physical Damage-Faster Attacks-Increased AoE-Increased Crit Chance/Crit Damage. (I'm not sure about the links tbh)

Main attack for killing Dominus.
Not sure here which one to use. Any of these. Reave/Static Strike/Double Strike/Frenzy. I'm not even sure of the links here either.

Mobility during fights:
Whirling Blades-Blood Magic-Faster Attacks-Fortify

Leap Slam-Blood Magic-Faster Attacks will be used in weapon swap for easier movement through Upper Sceptre.

Auras:
Hatred will be the most dps-increase I think as a character like this. But this make's me unable to use Purity of Lightning/Elements, which would help me cap resists and that extra max lightning resistance might be useful when mitigating damage from both Dominus and Lightning Coil.
Another option to add is Herald of Ash which also would be an dps-increase.
Others

Blood Rage will be used atleast while leveling and maps, for more damage.

Not sure what more to implement into this build so I need help with all the tips I can get.

The trees(not sure which one's better, need help optimizing both):
Shadow: http://poeurl.com/ztXH24t
Ranger: http://poeurl.com/ztXIJ95

I'm thankful for any help or advice in achieveing what I want out of this.

Thanks in advance!!
1. Considering you spend most of the time running as a farmer, probably not as much, killing Dom two seconds faster isn't really worth it.

2. Sure, but there are faster options.

3. Dunno about your exact setup, both options are good.

4. They are applied at the same time, part of your armor that is converted from evasion counts as both, so armor and evasion bonuses are bunched together for that part.

5. You generally don't chase evasion or armor bonuses around, there's a nice amount mixed in with other bonuses or in pass-through nodes, and that's quite enough.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
1. Considering you spend most of the time running as a farmer, probably not as much, killing Dom two seconds faster isn't really worth it.

2. Sure, but there are faster options.

3. Dunno about your exact setup, both options are good.

4. They are applied at the same time, part of your armor that is converted from evasion counts as both, so armor and evasion bonuses are bunched together for that part.

5. You generally don't chase evasion or armor bonuses around, there's a nice amount mixed in with other bonuses or in pass-through nodes, and that's quite enough.

Thanks for ur reply!

Any thoughts on the gem setup etc?

2. Any u would recommend while using 1h-crit dagger+shield?

Also, any oppinions about the trees? Which one would suit me most. Anything I should change etc
I'd probably go for Static or Molten, both are extremely strong single targets which can also be used for AoE. The latter would be better on a Ranger version which can take Point Blank easily and that mana leech cluster that has mana on hit will help a lot with resource management.

About trees, I wouldn't go Iron reflexes if I can't stack a bunch of endurance charges and since you aren't stacking block either, Acro looks like a winner.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 29, 2015, 4:02:32 AM
"
raics wrote:
I'd probably go for Static or Molten, both are extremely strong single targets which can also be used for AoE. The latter would be better on a Ranger version which can take Point Blank easily and that mana leech cluster that has mana on hit will help a lot with resource management.

About trees, I wouldn't go Iron reflexes if I can't stack a bunch of endurance charges and since you aren't stacking block either, Acro looks like a winner.

Will level up a Molten Strike gem aswell just to try it out.

I will start with IR and alse try Acro+Phase Acro when I get there.

Thanks for ur input

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info